oneBoro Forum

Next seasons manager....

11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Back to the Pulis comparison... I've seen a few bad games under Warnock but its still not in the same league as Pulis' negativity or at least the way it ended under Pulis. At least under Warnock you see 3 or 4 attack minded players rather than 5 centre backs and 4 central midfielders. 

Definately. Pulis was like a black hole for football. At least we see a glimmer of decent football from time to time under Warnock. But it's like Warnock doesn't see it himself as he somehow always go back to shithousery. We usually have bright spells where we keep the ball on the ground and move it around, but for a limited time only before we revert to type.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average life of a Championship manager is measured in months rather than years. I get the desire for a long term plan but we had one supposedly with Woodgate and that didn't last for long and wors

Can't believe you're even moaning about the club in a hypothetical situation where we did get promoted. We're in the Championship, the Europa League is irrelevant to us. The club should plan

Why do youngsters like you and @Brunners have to Americanise everything? Could you not say preparing to play Hurling 🤷‍♂️ @boroie and @Leesider back me up here 😃

14 hours ago, Blanco said:

CT’s epitaph will read “master obfuscation manipulator who thankfully won’t be amusing himself down alleyways anymore “

🤣🤣🤣

So not "master debater" then? 🙃

18 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I really don't think that's true. I don't understand why Warnock would be in charge if that was the case, not why we would have appointed him, nor why he would bother being here. I certainly don't know why we'd be handing him another transfer kitty this summer if the job was just to be a stable Championship club. Any manager with an ounce of experience could keep this club stable in this division with the squad we have. Woodgate's tenure really did a number on some people's expectations and I've no idea why.

We hired him to save us from relegation! I still think he's staying more because of 'Meh, why not?' rather than any promotion masterplan.

Either way I'm glad for a bit of stability and there's no reason  we can't be in the thick of it next year with a good Summer window. 

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I really struggle to see why we need to spend money on a keeper. We currently have one playing in the 2. Bundesliga which is hardly a worse level than the Championship and by all accounts he's doing fairly well.

Sorry I should have said I am basing this on fact NW not rating Stojanovic. We can debate whether Stojanovic should start or not until cows come home but i assume given NW got Bettinelli means he will want another GK. hopefully not Bettinelli again.

I also hope we do not spend a fee on a keeper as I believe if NW wants one then a good one can be obtained on a free or a loan if he still does not fancy Stojanovic.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I really struggle to see why we need to spend money on a keeper. We currently have one playing in the 2. Bundesliga which is hardly a worse level than the Championship and by all accounts he's doing fairly well.

He doesn't speak English fluently and therefore he's no good in a Warnock team. I think we just have to accept that. I fully expect Stoj to leave permanently in the summer unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:He doesn't speak English fluently and therefore he's no good in a Warnock team. I think we just have to accept that. I fully expect Stoj to leave permanently in the summer unfortunately.

How many words does a goalkeeper need to know to organise his defence?
It’s not as if he’s expected to deliver the Gettysburg Address!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

🤷‍♂️ That's the reason he isn't liked though mate, we don't have to agree with it.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He doesn't speak English fluently and therefore he's no good in a Warnock team. I think we just have to accept that. I fully expect Stoj to leave permanently in the summer unfortunately.

I do too, but I honestly don't get why people are that bothered.

Seems to have been treated slightly harshly, but I don't think he played particularly well when he was given a chance. Lots of parrying in to dangerous areas.

He only seems to be getting built up by people because of how poor Bettinelli has been for most of the season (though I actually think he's played well in the last two games).

Last season people were fuming that Pears was dropped for him, now they're fuming he's been dropped himself.

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Defenders, Full backs, Midfielders.......

Lend me your ears 👂.......

I dunno billy a bit of Shakespeare and we could claim to have a cultured defence 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm just reading a St Pauli forum thread on him now, and it sounds like he had a very shaky start but is now playing with confidence and his communication is key.

Given he's a German speaker playing in Germany, it's bound to help him in that department.

Though it's clear from their comments that it's mainly improvements elsewhere on the pitch that are helping them climb the table, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make it permanent in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Defenders, Full backs, Midfielders.......

Lend me your ears 👂.......

I dunno billy a bit of Shakespeare and we could claim to have a cultured defence 😃

You mean the bloke who coached Leicester a few years ago? I dunno - he's not got a great track record... 😁

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

You mean the bloke who coached Leicester a few years ago? I dunno - he's not got a great track record... 😁

I’m going to have you BARD for AVON a laugh at the great man 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm fairly happy that Warnock is staying on next season. Let's be honest, after narrowly avoiding relegation how many people genuinely expected us to be in the top half of the table this close to the end of the season?

Next year fans will be back in the stadium and that should be a massive boost. I'm not expecting us to make the playoffs but I am expecting some canny signings in the summer and workrate will see us up there this time next year, not attractive football.

• Like 2

maybe I am viewing events with excessive caution, but to me, it looks as though NW is trying to bring players in that are able to play in a variety of styles.. we are obviously able to go long even though we need a target man who can hold the ball and is happy to pass to a teammate..  and we have enough skill to be fluid when the opportunity arises..  we have battlers and even a bit of pace. the players being signed have been in positions that needed to be sorted and in most cases have had an effect. Viewing this as a transition season, I think we are in a better place squad wise than last year and although I would like to see more youngsters being pushed, I can understand why Spence and Coulson are squad options rather than first choice, though I do think in both cases, there are players in there. We are till a couple of pieces short in the jigsaw, but after last year, I am much happier looking up rather than down 

• Like 5