• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average life of a Championship manager is measured in months rather than years. I get the desire for a long term plan but we had one supposedly with Woodgate and that didn't last for long and wors

Can't believe you're even moaning about the club in a hypothetical situation where we did get promoted. We're in the Championship, the Europa League is irrelevant to us. The club should plan

Why do youngsters like you and @Brunners have to Americanise everything? Could you not say preparing to play Hurling 🤷‍♂️ @boroie and @Leesider back me up here 😃

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He'll surely want a break from football for a bit.

It's strange that they've left it this late.

Get him lined up for 2022.

I think it is all to do with minimising his payout. If he gets sacked on Prem wages the payout will be higher, so they've probably wanted to wait until relegation, when the relegation paycuts kick in and pay him less compensation. 

I imagine they've come to some sort of middle ground at this point though, at least I hope, he's been a great manager for them.

• Like 1

Apparently he wasn't happy about a DOF possibly coming in at the Blades (amongst many other things). Isn't this what many on here want as the way forward for MFC so in which case why would they want Chris Wilder as the next Boro Manager?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Apparently he wasn't happy about a DOF possibly coming in at the Blades (amongst many other things). Isn't this what many on here want as the way forward for MFC so in which case why would they want Chris Wilder as the next Boro Manager?

I'm not sure of the ins and outs at Sheffield and wasn't aware of his displeasure of a DOF coming in, but if he isn't able to work with DOF then he's at odds with what I want.

But they'll be a difference, in terms of coming into a club, that has a DOF already in place and knowing you'll have to work with them, compared to being top of the tree for 4/5 seasons then being told someone is coming in to work above you.

But if we are sticking with our current model (Which seems incredibly likely) of only hiring managers he'd be near the top of my list. 

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There were issues with him and the board in January regarding the window. He wanted a couple of players and they wouldn’t sanction the deals.

13 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There were issues with him and the board in January regarding the window. He wanted a couple of players and they wouldn’t sanction the deals.

I thought that was the major issue between him and the board too.

Be interesting to see how Chris Wilder does in his next job. He did ever so well taken them from League 1 to PL

However, other managers who enjoyed similar success in taking sides from league 1 to PL have then failed to have much success elsewhere. Nigel Atkins at Saints and Paul Lambert at Norwich are the two who automatically spring to mind. Both struggled at other clubs after obvious success at Saints and Norwich

Not saying Wilder will automatically follow suit but be interesting to see if he can replicate the Sheff Utd success elsewhere.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Cheers for that! Seems like the move to a DOF and then transfer issues appear to be the biggest reasons for tension between Wilder and the board.

I’d bet the Brewster deal is the driving force behind it all. They spent an absolute fortune on him and he doesn’t play him, either he was a ‘gift’ or wilder pushed to buy him then realised he wasn’t up to it. I’d guess he was forced up on him after wilder was told there was no money for his own targets.

as for a DoF I think we actually do have one here and it’s Steve gibson it’s so obvious now that he interferes far more than people believe. Alves, Downing, woodgate, Rhodes, Assombalonga imo were all his buys. Any expensive ‘big name’ player just has gibsons name all over it. His hearts in the right place I think but his record is awful, all but Rhodes have flopped and even he looked awful at times.

• Like 2