oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

So amazingly I am back with a second consecutive thread. So here is my next step on the road to Wembley.

The coach takes us on an adventure to Wales with Swansea City the hosts. 

Former Boro boss Gary Monk got his first taste of management at Swansea where he was best mates with the chairman. Rumour is the snake wound up the senior players into a revolt. Disposed of the manager and then sold everyone who helped him.

Form Guide

Middlesbrough  😀😕😢😀😀

Swansea 😀 😀😀😢😀

Head to Head

Won 20

Drawn 11

Other Result 18

Some questions for ya ⬇️

Who am I

My first Swansea goal was against Leicester.

My first goal for Middlesbrough  was a month before against Swansea

Only Connect

http://puzzgrid.com/grid/44201

There no VCM but can you beat the grid?

So the game well what’s your thoughts same 11? (Here’s a reused graphic from the last thread)

91B6A88C-A17F-4B72-8F42-9779C905BF97.thumb.png.7c89db0196821bcde97bda4a8c41c45d.png

Can we do it? Are the playoffs a realistic hope or are Barnsley and Cardiff uncatchable?

Over to you: 

Swansea Have It Time

• Like 3
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

Anyone know if NW presser is tomorrow or Friday?

I know its usual Friday but given we are travelling to Wales for this game i was thinking my presser could be tomorrow as squad might travel to the game earlier than they usually would.

Massive game that will be tough but hoping we have Bolasie from the start.  We can make playoffs just gotta go on a run and keep key players fit 

Bettinali 

Dijksteel. Hall. Fry. Bola

Howson    Saville

Kebano.   Tav.    Watmore

Bolasie 

17 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Massive game that will be tough but hoping we have Bolasie from the start.  We can make playoffs just gotta go on a run and keep key players fit 

Bettinali 

Dijksteel. Hall. Fry. Bola

Howson    Saville

Kebano.   Tav.    Watmore

Bolasie 

Love that front 4, but surely he will play 3 CB’s? 

Betts

Fry  hall. Mcnair

Fisher                         Bola

Saville Howson

Laing                    Kebano

Bolasie

After reading posters comments on here against Coventry by the sounds of it, Tav is struggling for this one, but if he makes it, swap him for Laing.

Does anyone know what happened to Tav? Is it same injury?

So frustrating missing the majority of the Coventry game as I was on a bloody work meeting.

Edited by diggerlad07

We  know that we can put out a more attacking team though Tav will not be available so maube Johnson to start?

Wishful thinking about top 6 but we have to keep grinding out wins sadly we only do that two at a time.

Draw will be the best we can hope for as we should give them a good game and their style will suit us as we know they will be on the front foot for this.

Are we the first live Champo game to be shown at 1500hrs on a Saturday?

The playoffs are totally realistic, but we HAVE to start playing the ball along the ground instead of hoofing it. Our squad has the best attacking options in many years, and we're completely bypassing them all the time. I honestly believe if we allowed the likes of Kebano, Bolassie, NML and Watmore to unleash their creativity and be spontaneous, we'd be playing attractive football and comfortably inside the top six. Which makes our current hit-and-hope tactics and our lucky-dip results so much more infuriating.

• Like 3

I believe Swansea are actually going through a rough patch atm, fans aren't happy with how they're playing and they recently got spanked 4-1 by Huddersfield. This is a winnable game, but with how inconsistent we are, who knows...

This is probably a nailed-on win for the Swans. While the head to head stats look okay, our last league win at their place was in 2009 (0-3). Including that season, we've played them 12 times since, with a record of W3 D3 L6.

On top of that, they'll be out to avenge their defeat at the Riverside.

So, totally not expecting any joy this weekend. Would be quite happy with a draw.

While the play-offs are certainly mathematically possible, realistically I don't see Boro going on a long enough unbeaten run to make up the 5-point deficit and stay in the top 6. We're simply too erratic, being good or even great one game and utterly shambolic the next.

My tracker spreadsheet currently has us on course to finish with 68 points...which I think would put us at least 3-4 points outside the play-offs.

24 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

This is probably a nailed-on win for the Swans. While the head to head stats look okay, our last league win at their place was in 2009 (0-3). Including that season, we've played them 12 times since, with a record of W3 D3 L6.

On top of that, they'll be out to avenge their defeat at the Riverside.

So, totally not expecting any joy this weekend. Would be quite happy with a draw.

While the play-offs are certainly mathematically possible, realistically I don't see Boro going on a long enough unbeaten run to make up the 5-point deficit and stay in the top 6. We're simply too erratic, being good or even great one game and utterly shambolic the next.

My tracker spreadsheet currently has us on course to finish with 68 points...which I think would put us at least 3-4 points outside the play-offs.

They're really not playing very well at the minute. It's not as nailed-on as you might expect.

I got 2 points on the grid. 

Swansea seem like one of the better possesion teams so if we keep hoofing the ball back to them it will play right into their hands.  Cant see us suddenly going toe to toe and playing football so predict a 2-1 loss. Hold out for a bit, go behind. HT. Concede again second half, claw one back in the 80th for some false hope but ultimately rue a few scuffed chances. Meltdown on here 😔

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Bolasie is back.

Kebano is on it.

Watmore is giving his all.

I wanna say defeat, but in this moment we are victorious.

Yep.

Whatever the opposite of a penguin slap is ...

Please insert here 

• Haha 1