oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Bettinelli is not at fault .. weird deflection off Spence

Wasn't that big a deflection though. He was still in the right place to save it - had the near post covered, but still let it slip through.

Would think another keeper would have palmed it round for a corner or something.

• Like 1
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It was his near post, a very awkward angle for the goalscorer and practically right through him. How is it not the keepers fault? Obviously the defending was woeful too

Took a massive deflect off Spence.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Howson shouts for it. I don't see what he's done wrong.

It's OK shouting for it but it was right above Bola. Bola had no time to get out of the way. 

Just now, TheJew said:

It's OK shouting for it but it was right above Bola. Bola had no time to get out of the way. 

He's got plenty of time, Bolasie's header's looped up in the air, Howson shouts and Bola stands still. I can't believe you're actually watching that back and thinking Bola is innocent there, tbh.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

You can argue it was Bola's ball and Howson caused an issue, but that was a shocking header by Bola even accounting for the nudge.

Remember the simpler times when we could just blame Spence for everything.  I miss those days.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

How are going to just ignore the deflection like it doesn’t completely change the direction of the ball from like 4 yards away from him? It doesn’t even slow the ball down. Betenelli is already moving to the other side of the goal from the original shot, and the deflection wrong foots him. 

It's terrible positioning, when Ayew gets the ball in that position he should be moving right to his near post, forcing Ayew to shoot across goal.

The deflection is irrelevant, it's basic goalkeeping.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Took a massive deflect off Spence.

It wasn't massive, and it wasn't as if the keeper was in no man's land because of it. He was in the right place to save it but let it go through him

I can say with 100% certainty that the likes of Randolph doesn't let that in 

• Like 1