oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

It was a big deflection though, which completely changed the direction of the ball from about 4 yards away from Betenelli. 

What part of "cover your near post" don't you understand?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I think the problem is that he doesn't need to do anything as we have a player there who will deal with it.  I wouldn't blame Howson as such though, there were a few *** ups there, even going back to how the freekick came about.

To quote @Smogzilla, it was an omnishambles.

• Like 2

Its going across the keeper, not to his near post. He has the shot covered but as a result is completely wrong footed by the deflection which takes it literally to the opposite side he was expecting.

No chance its the keepers fault.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It wasn't massive, and it wasn't as if the keeper was in no man's land because of it. He was in the right place to save it but let it go through him

I can say with 100% certainty that the likes of Randolph doesn't let that in 

From that distance it’s a huge deflection.

Watch the where the ball was going then where it went. by eye measurement it’s about 45 degrees difference.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

It was a big deflection though, which completely changed the direction of the ball from about 4 yards away from Betenelli. 

My point is he was still in a decent position to save it. Its not like he had to dive halfway across the goal.

If he'd just moved his body, instead of sticking his leg out, chances are the ball wouldn't have gone in.

Just watched a few different replays and the deflection off Spence just makes the ball stay lower. Doesn't drastically alter its direction of travel.

Okay its not the easiest save to make but I reckon he could and should have done better.

It’s almost like it’s turned fashionable to blame Betenelli for every goal we concede no matter what now. I don’t rate him and think he’s a pretty poor keeper, but it’s embarrassing how people are somehow finding a way to blame him for every goal. 
They way you guys go on, you’d be able to blame every goalkeeper in the world for every goal they concede. 

• Like 2

Just seen the replay from a different angle and it was a big deflection. Ayew was shooting for the far post as much as I think Bettenelli is a cluster can’t really blame him for that one 

• Like 1

Bolasie shouldn't have had to track back initially either. If we are intent on playing 3 in Midfield, where the frick were they?

So static and not tracking runners.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, White Band said:

Sky are saying it was Howson's ball as well

Because it was. Anyone thinking bola was in the right there is utterly wrong.

Howsons mistake is only half committing.