oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

Switch to a back 4 put Mcnair in midfield, take Saville and Watmore off as had no impact on the game instead of him put Johnson lw, Kebano rw and give Howson cam behind Bolasie. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

What part of “deflection completely changes flight of the ball” don’t you understand?

Doesn't matter if it deflects if Bettinelli is on top of his near post like he should have been. Once Ayew shoots across him it's on the defenders to clear it.

Another fairly uninspiring 45 minutes. Don't think either side were that great.

Up until the goal Swansea didn't really create any noteworthy chances and Boro had just that one effort from Watmore that was blocked.

Seems we were undone again by some lax defending...or just lack of communication between our players.

Some are saying the deflection off Spence meant Bettinelli had no chance of saving it...I beg to differ...

Anyway, Boro are going to have to up their game 2nd half if we're to get anything out of this. Still hopeful we can salvage a draw, but we are really going to have to improve...and also not make any more defensive screw-ups.

There won't be any changes til 75th minute. 

Next season is going to have to be the one. And this defeat isn't what kills the play off hopes. It's the 1 win and 1 draw in 6 home games.

This result puts us 8 points off the play offs. Barnsley with 2 extra games to play above us too. 

Abject failure. We have a top 6 squad since the signings in January and we've gotten worse. And we've signed him up for another year. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

My point is he was still in a decent position to save it. Its not like he had to dive halfway across the goal.

If he'd just moved his body, instead of sticking his leg out, chances are the ball wouldn't have gone in.

Just watched a few different replays and the deflection off Spence just makes the ball stay lower. Doesn't drastically alter its direction of travel.

Okay its not the easiest save to make but I reckon he could and should have done better.

He was in a decent position to save the shot if Ayews ordinal shot was going to the near post. It didn’t and he went for the far post instead, so Betenelli has his whole body weight going that way, in turn not covering his near post anymore. The deflection changes the direction of the ball back to the near post. You can’t expect him to then change his body again to save it in a space of 1/4 second, 4 yards away. It’s just unfortunate, like any deflected goal is. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Just seen the replay from a different angle and it was a big deflection. Ayew was shooting for the far post as much as I think Bettenelli is a cluster can’t really blame him for that one 

Yeah I’ve just seen a replay I hadn’t seen before and it’s clearly a bigger deflection that I realised at the time. He should still be covering his near post but I think he’s less to blame that I thought at the time. 

• Like 1

We need to get the ball to Watmore and Bolasie more. They’ve barely had an opportunity to cause any problems. Need to be a bit more clever in the transition as there have been opportunities for us to get in that we’ve missed out on through loose play.

It was a stupid and unnecessary free kick to give away in the first instance.

Howson is facing the direction you want the ball to go in whereas Bola was doing an impersonation of a pogo stick with no control or intention. Had Howson left it it it would still have pinged off Bola's head to Ayew, had Bola left it Howson he would have headed it out for a throw in.

As much as I don't rate Bettinelli the deflection would have duped any Keeper at that close an angle. The blame lies with the idiot who conceded the free kick more than anyone.