• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

How anyone can watch those replays and claim it's not a penalty is beyond me. 

If Saville's foot is kicked by Bidwell and that leads to the ball heading in that direction, it's surely a free kick to us?

I'm watching it again now and I can't really tell again, Bidwell's toe bouncing back makes it looks like he's got the ball, not Saville, then the foot would be followed through.

What I guess I'm getting at right now is I can't understand how anyone can look at any angle of this and 100% declare either way it is or isn't a penalty. Which really means the referee at least deserves the benefit of the doubt in this situation. He's made a big call based on little information and it's gone our way.

I'm much more bothered about the goal he's ruled out for us at the other end in terms of his performance.

• Like 1

I take my hat off to NW because he said what he felt from the heart. He is absolutely correct in the fact we were denied a win. I have looked at the replay over and over and it’s not a penalty by fact the ref can’t be certain. The ref and officials have robbed BORO of points. BUT the lead up to the penalty was awful, suicidal.. 

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

If Saville's foot is kicked by Bidwell and that leads to the ball heading in that direction, it's surely a free kick to us?

I'm watching it again now and I can't really tell again, Bidwell's toe bouncing back makes it looks like he's got the ball, not Saville, then the foot would be followed through.

What I guess I'm getting at right now is I can't understand how anyone can look at any angle of this and 100% declare either way it is or isn't a penalty. Which really means the referee at least deserves the benefit of the doubt in this situation. He's made a big call based on little information and it's gone our way.

I'm much more bothered about the goal he's ruled out for us at the other end in terms of his performance.

Yeah that one was blatant incompetence, you'll not get anyone arguing that one. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He didn't get to the ball at all mate.  He never touches it at any point.  His boot actually goes past it rather than through it.  I think it's just cos of how he's having to slide in.

Their player kicks Saville's boot, or kicks through Saville, either way it's a foul on our player.

The referee decisions cost us a hard earned point today and there needs to be consequences for the officiating in this league.

Saville incident I thought he got right tbf, but how he can disallow the Bola's goal or not give us a penalty is beyond me.

The standard of officiating is ridicilous throughout the league. VAR has got to be introduced across the board as these types of decisions cost clubs in the long run.

Saville should be staying on his feet for me, but what's frustrating is that the referee gives the corner and he's the best placed out of the officials and then for some reason he changes his mind - Really shocking officiating.

2nd half performance was encouraging and I thought we made Swansea look very average. 

Every week we seem to be talking about officiating or making excuses.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Cos you can see Saville's foot miss the ball, that's how I can tell now.  I couldn't at first until I watched a few times and then froze it from both angles.  Saville simply doesn't touch the ball.  His foot and leg are up in the air and miss the ball, the Swansea lad kicks the ball underneath his foot.  Unless Saville gets to the ball first then it has to be a penalty and he doesn't.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Their player kicks Saville's boot, or kicks through Saville, either way it's a foul on our player.

Savilles foot is only there because he's made a lunging tackle that didnt get the ball.

If Saville's foot is kicked, that's a freenkick to us.

Just like if a player gets his body in front of a player and they happen to touch their back so they go over. Free kick.

Ref was a shower and it is happening too often for it to be ignored.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

No, he doesn't.  He kicks the ball.  Saville's boot is already past the ball, in the air, cos he misses the ball.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The players are outraged on social media too.

Yep you don't usually see players outright speak up but so far Bola, Morsy & Bolasie have all tweeted about the game negatively.