oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Savilles foot is only there because he's made a lunging tackle that didnt get the ball.

He only didn't touch the ball because he was immediately booted by their player.

I wouldn't be arguing this point if Saville had wiped out a player running with the ball, but Saville has intercepted a pass before that player has touched the ball in any way and is then fouled.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, he doesn't.  He kicks the ball.  Saville's boot is already past the ball, in the air, cos he misses the ball.

He kicked through Saville, a foul on Saville.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He kicked Saville.

No, he kicked the ball first mate.  If Saville touched the ball at any point it could be foul the other way but he doesn't.  Their lad is going to kick the ball, Saville has simply missed it.  Therefore it's a foul and a penalty.

There's no proving anything either way with stills of it. The only thing I can say for sure is Saville doesn't get the ball of his own volition, he misses it. If he touches the ball at all, it's because Bidwell has moved his foot in the direction of it. If the question is what does Bidwell hit first, Saville or the ball, then we're getting into such marginal granular detail that it's frankly impossible to blame the ref either way.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

There's no proving anything either way with stills of it. The only thing I can say for sure is Saville doesn't get the ball of his own volition, he misses it. If he touches the ball at all, it's because Bidwell has moved his foot in the direction of it. If the question is what does Bidwell hit first, Saville or the ball, then we're getting into such marginal granular detail that it's frankly impossible to blame the ref either way.

Even if he kicks savilles foot first it's a penalty. Saville is impeding the player from taking a shot without playing the ball. It's the very definition of a foul.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You can completely blame the referee, given he rightly gave a corner, noticed the £50 notes stuffed in his shorts and then changed his mind and gave a penalty instead.

• Like 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Even if he kicks savilles foot first it's a penalty. Saville is impeding the player from taking a shot without playing the ball. It's the very definition of a foul.

The player wasn't in control of the ball, and only touched the ball via a foul.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, he kicked the ball first mate.  If Saville touched the ball at any point it could be foul the other way but he doesn't.  Their lad is going to kick the ball, Saville has simply missed it.  Therefore it's a foul and a penalty.

So if a player takes a shot then runs into another player then they get a foul - because that’s the logical extrapolation of what you are saying.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Saville hasn't touched the ball and never does.

Yeah but should of been dismissed to even up the earlier incorrect decision for our legit goal 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The player wasn't in control of the ball, and only touched the ball via a foul.

Saville is the one who lunged in. Their player had a clean strike of the ball it saville hadn't dived in, therefore if saville doesn't play the ball he's impeding the striker illegally. This isn't hard stuff to comprehend.

Just now, SmogDane said:

I blame Bettinelli.. he should have saved the penna.. Randolph would

The one criticism you can give to Randolph is he never once got close to saving a penalty for us.