oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That seems a strange thing not to include to my mind.

Yes yes I admit it...... it is actually all my fault 🤦‍♂️. Please accept my sincerest apologies CT 😳

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If you get the ball by booting through the foot of an opposition player, you have fouled that player.

But this argument is going nowhere so I'm done with it.

He doesn't boot through the foot of Saville.  Saville's foot is not there, it's up in the air and away from the ball.  If their player booted Saville then yeah I can see your point of view but he doesn't because Saville's foot isn't there for him to kick.  You can see that point quite clearly.  If Saville's foot and leg weren't in the air then Bidwell would have to kick him to kick the ball.  The problem is that his foot and leg are in the air so he doesn't have to kick him.  He kicks the ball underneath Saville's leg essentially.

1 minute ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

There’s a really good breakdown here https://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/10719/in-soccer-can-it-be-a-foul-even-if-the-player-gets-to-the-ball-first

if their player makes contact with Saville, then it can only be a foul if careless, reckless or using excessive force. I don’t think that is the case here.

anyway - we were never going up without some decent strikers, so I’m not too gutted. Will be interesting to see whoWarnock signs over the summer. 

I'm not sure what your point is?  If their player wasn't careless, reckless or using excessive force then it isn't a foul, which is what I've said.  The Swansea player just had a shot, Saville slid in to get the ball but missed it, the Swansea player gets to the ball before any contact with Saville is made.  He's not careless, reckless or using excessive force, and Saville doesn't make contact with the ball, so it's his foul, not the Swansea player's.  

I thought Bidwell hit the ball from underneath Savilles foot, so didn’t make contact with Sav until he touched the ball. Either way it doesn’t really matter to us. 1 point wasn’t going to do anything for us today, we needed 3. More annoying that Swansea get 6 points in a week from blatant cheating and incompetent referees.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I thought Bidwell hit the ball from underneath Savilles foot, so didn’t make contact with Sav until he touched the ball. Either way it doesn’t really matter to us. 1 point wasn’t going to do anything for us today, we needed 3. More annoying that Swansea get 6 points in a week from blatant cheating and incompetent referees.

It doesn't really calm me down, because we were robbed, but it probably is true that a point wouldn't have been enough today.

Barnsley play Derby midweek for their game in hand, and on current form you would expect them to win that, we'd be 9 points behind the play-offs even without referee incompetence/corruption. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes yes I admit it...... it is actually all my fault 🤦‍♂️. Please accept my sincerest apologies CT 😳

Ok, I could never stay angry at you, Blanco.  Bro's for life!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Ok, I could never stay angry at you, Blanco.  Bro's for life!

Phew I get relax now and not sit on the naughty step for too much longer 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It doesn't really calm me down, because we were robbed, but it probably is true that a point wouldn't have been enough today.

Barnsley play Derby midweek for their game in hand, and on current form you would expect them to win that, we'd be 9 points behind the play-offs even without referee incompetence/corruption. 

Agreed mate. Only thing I would say though is that if Bolas goal counts, what’s to say we wouldn’t have gone on to get all 3. Swans were crap today and we looked good in the 2nd half.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

All over these right now. Come on Boro

This is a side in third and Boro away from home Dominating the game Again I repeat what Billy said we need VAR in the championship 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm not sure what your point is?  If their player wasn't careless, reckless or using excessive force then it isn't a foul, which is what I've said.  The Swansea player just had a shot, Saville slid in to get the ball but missed it, the Swansea player gets to the ball before any contact with Saville is made.  He's not careless, reckless or using excessive force, and Saville doesn't make contact with the ball, so it's his foul, not the Swansea player's.  

The argument is that their player contacts our player (not the other way around). That rules out a lot of the reasons for a foul. For a foul to be given against Saville you either think he made contact (I think the video shows their player kick Saville), or the challenge was already careless/reckless/dangerous. You appear to think the latter, I don’t. Football’s rules are full of subjective calls - and the only opinion that matters is the refs (unfortunately). Happy to disagree, just explaining my reasoning.

I’d not have given a foul either way.

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Agreed mate. Only thing I would say though is that if Bolas goal counts, what’s to say we wouldn’t have gone on to get all 3. Swans were crap today and we looked good in the 2nd half.

I think both teams were rubbish, as per usual in this division. We were a bit less rubbish in that we had more time to do things on the ball whilst Swansea sat back and soaked up all the pressure we tried to put on them. In the end, there were 5 chances in the game that I can think of, Watmore, Bola, Morsy for us and both of Ayew's for them. Neither keeper will have come out of that game having felt significantly worked, anyway.

• Confused 1

We didn't even play bad we deserved at least a point in my eyes . They won't go up and i hope they don't other fans seem to feel they Swansea have some sort of deal with the refs given the decisions they seem to get. Another decision out of our hands ruins a game. Feel sick as a dog 

I thought Hall was solid again, Akpom was okay too seemed more up for it. 

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I've already proven it conclusively.  If people just listened to me more things would be much better all round.

Now I know who you remind me of...

• Haha 2