• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

I have been thinking maybe their is an inadvertent bias against Warnock teams from refs, how many times has Warnock influenced/moaned at the refs in the past. Maybe this is refs are now thinking I wont let Warnock or his team influence me so are over compensating, not deliberately but because its in their heads he will try and influence my decisions. Every decision should be individual but refs are taught to do their research before the games at the level we are at, about who dives and who they need too look out for that might do sneaky things on the pitch. I am just saying maybe sometimes that can work against them. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think both teams were rubbish, as per usual in this division. We were a bit less rubbish in that we had more time to do things on the ball whilst Swansea sat back and soaked up all the pressure we tried to put on them. In the end, there were 5 chances in the game that I can think of, Watmore, Bola, Morsy for us and both of Ayew's for them. Neither keeper will have come out of that game having felt significantly worked, anyway.

I thought both teams were ok at best.  I was a bit surprised at people suggesting during the game that we were playing very well.  But then again, whenever we string five passes together some people use it as evidence that Warnock is in fact Guardiola, and the rest of us are just not seeing it.

First half was very bitty, neither team could get going at all.  I think that was partly down to the referee, and partly down to the teams kinda cancelling each other out.  It didn't come as a shock that the best chances of the half for either side came from defensive mistakes.  Sadly, theirs went in.  Second half we got going straight away, should have had a penalty or a goal, and got them under pressure early on.  But then they came through it, and the game just drifted along.  I think there's a case that we could have made the more aggressive substitutions earlier than we did, once the steam had gone out of our initial charge, and that might get lost in the controversy perhaps.  It's a common criticism of Warnock, and I'd say it's a justified one more often than not.  We got the goal we should have already had but then they got the penalty.  We deserved a point for the earlier refereeing mistake rather than the award of a penalty. 

We're still not out of it yet, and we were always relying on other teams to slip up more than us.  We've got Bournemouth and Barnsley to play, win those two and we will be right in it, assuming we can take care of our business elsewhere.

• Like 1

Can only hope that karma decides that they meet Cardiff in the play-off final and lose to a bad decision. Penalty a bit iffy, but Bola goal decision just plain wrong...   not keen on VAR in present form, but must be some system where each team can be allotted a certain number of reviews to resolve contentious decisions and if no "appeal", just let ref's original decision stand.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

He kicked through Saville, a foul on Saville.

How will you ever get a foul if it’s ok to slide in on a player and miss the ball resulting in the attacker hitting the sliding player. When you slide in you absolutely have to win the ball in order to avoid a foul. Had Saville timed his slide tackle he would have made sure to place his foot in front of, or on the ball, instead of behind the ball. In the end he missed the ball. 

I thought I’d throw my two penneth in...outrageous refereeing not just on the critical decisions but throughout the flow of the game. Swansea took a lot of McNair dives and the ref gobbled it all up.

I've mentioned on twitter that I think there’s more to these poor referee performances than just bad luck. I think our management’s conduct and management of the officials from the touch line is producing unfavourable decisions. 

For the record I’m of the opinion that the award of the penalty was the correct decision. Bidwell toe poked the ball from beneath Saville’s boot and was then cleared out by Saville. That’s why the ball shot off in the direction it did. The ball wouldnt have responded in the manner it did had it come off Saville the way he’d approached it or if Bidwell had kicked Saville’s boot directly behind the ball.

Having said that we were owed one and any referee with their head screwed on would’ve given a corner after that scandalous decision earlier.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I thought I’d throw my two penneth in...outrageous refereeing not just on the critical decisions but throughout the flow of the game. Swansea took a lot of McNair dives and the ref gobbled it all up.

I've mentioned on twitter that I think there’s more to these poor referee performances than just bad luck. I think our management’s conduct and management of the officials from the touch line is producing unfavourable decisions. 

For the record I’m of the opinion that the award of the penalty was the correct decision. Bidwell toe poked the ball from beneath Saville’s boot and was then cleared out by Saville. That’s why the ball shot off in the direction it did. The ball wouldnt have responded in the manner it did had it come off Saville the way he’d approached it or if Bidwell had kicked Saville’s boot directly behind the ball.

Having said that we were owed one and any referee with their head screwed on would’ve given a corner after that scandalous decision earlier.

He did give a corner. The big question is why he then changed his mind. Who told him to. That's a humdinger of one for the EFL to explain.

Best performance of the season so far for me. We played really well and deserved to win. Actually bodes well for next season.

20 minutes ago, Borodane said:

How will you ever get a foul if it’s ok to slide in on a player and miss the ball resulting in the attacker hitting the sliding player. When you slide in you absolutely have to win the ball in order to avoid a foul. Had Saville timed his slide tackle he would have made sure to place his foot in front of, or on the ball, instead of behind the ball. In the end he missed the ball. 

There is nothing anywhere in the rules about getting the ball or not. See earlier post. 

I don't believe it actually had much part to play in it, but it's hilarious for the conspiracy that Steve Cooper's dad was an EFL ref.

Two games in a row they've won with hugely debatable decisions.

• Wow 1
28 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Our manager's conduct has got nothing to do with referee's giving nothing penalties away in matches that don't concern us yet that happened just a few days ago and gave Swansea another 3 points then. Or is that cause Cooper is nice to referees too?

I can see no evidence at all that Warnock, Blackwell or Jepson's conduct towards referees in any way affects decisions that goes for or against them. It's such a tenuous link, though to be fair to you, you're not the only one who's said something to that effect and I disagree with the lot of you.

Warnock's not the only manager in English football who has a go at referees. As an extension, there's hardly a person involved in football who doesn't have a go at referees, especially when they get things wrong. You wouldn't think that the way some people on here go on about our staff, mind. How many of you have been sat in a stadium shouting the "ref's a ***" or something to that effect? And yet people will come on here and think decisions going against us are because Warnock has a go at them? Rubbish, in my opinion.

So no, there's no conspiracy going on here for me but the one thing I do agree with you on is it's nothing to do with luck which is where I'm gonna go off on a little bit of a tangent.

It's to do with the quality of the officials and their usage of the tools they have available to them in order to make big decisions. Even decent referees will come undone because the availability and usage of the tools is generally poor. People go on about VAR being a problem and I disagree because I don't believe the technology in and of itself is the problem, the problem is how we use video-assistance to help referee games.

One thing Warnock said in his post-match interview today was something to the effect of "They all want to be a superstar" and I don't think there's a huge amount of evidence for that (except for Mike Dean, perhaps). But I would say the refereeing bodies absolutely do want that as they're unwilling to undermine the position of the man in the middle in order to make a fairer sport. A team of referees can sit in a room, look at footage and in order for the decision to pass, the man operating in the middle has to review the footage on a shitty little monitor off to the side of the field whilst everybody else waits. Why does VAR have to be like that? No reason other than trying to integrate modern video-assistance alongside old-school refereeing and ensuring the man in the middle maintains his place in the spotlight as the 'man in charge'.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Our manager's conduct has got nothing to do with referee's giving nothing penalties away in matches that don't concern us yet that happened just a few days ago and gave Swansea another 3 points then. Or is that cause Cooper is nice to referees too?

I can see no evidence at all that Warnock, Blackwell or Jepson's conduct towards referees in any way affects decisions that goes for or against them. It's such a tenuous link, though to be fair to you, you're not the only one who's said something to that effect and I disagree with the lot of you.

Warnock's not the only manager in English football who has a go at referees. As an extension, there's hardly a person involved in football who doesn't have a go at referees, especially when they get things wrong. You wouldn't think that the way some people on here go on about our staff, mind. How many of you have been sat in a stadium shouting the "ref's a ***" or something to that effect? And yet people will come on here and think decisions going against us are because Warnock has a go at them? Rubbish, in my opinion.

So no, there's no conspiracy going on here for me but the one thing I do agree with you on is it's nothing to do with luck which is where I'm gonna go off on a little bit of a tangent.

It's to do with the quality of the officials and their usage of the tools they have available to them in order to make big decisions. Even decent referees will come undone because the availability and usage of the tools is generally poor. People go on about VAR being a problem and I disagree because I don't believe the technology in and of itself is the problem, the problem is how we use video-assistance to help referee games.

One thing Warnock said in his post-match interview today was something to the effect of "They all want to be a superstar" and I don't think there's a huge amount of evidence for that (except for Mike Dean, perhaps). But I would say the refereeing bodies absolutely do want that as they're unwilling to undermine the position of the man in the middle in order to make a fairer sport. A team of referees can sit in a room, look at footage and in order for the decision to pass, the man operating in the middle has to review the footage on a shitty little monitor off to the side of the field whilst everybody else waits. Why does VAR have to be like that? No reason other than trying to integrate modern video-assistance alongside old-school refereeing and ensuring the man in the middle maintains his place in the spotlight as the 'man in charge'.

You don’t know that I’m afraid. Referees are human and there’s more than a possibility that this is the case. It’s an opinion and it’s also subjective, but it’s not something you can equivocally rule out unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Kebano now the latest to talk about the game, saying it's difficult to play against 12 men.

I'm still fuming, but I do think moments like this are bonding moments.

Few things better than collective injustice to get everyone on the same side.

• Like 4
Just now, Humpty said:

You don’t know that I’m afraid. Referees are human and there’s more than a possibility that this is the case. It’s an opinion and it’s also subjective, but it’s not something you can equivocally rule out unfortunately.

That's why I said it was my opinion.