oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Kebano now the latest to talk about the game, saying it's difficult to play against 12 men.

Well to be fair to @DanFromDownSouth he wanted Boro to start with 12 men before the game so he must have been trying to even it out before it began 😂

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

Would be interesting to monitor decisions over a season to see if things actually do "even themselves out" in the long run..  It might just be my imagination but it does seem if that is the case, we are due a whole bunch of stuff to go our way in the run in.. or is it just that the bad stuff stays in the mind and we conveniently forget the gifts

• Like 1

Calmed down now but I will say that if our players take heed of what went on today and try and show we are no mugs then I believe we will have some good runs coming our way.

Seems that Britt and Boro parting by mutual consent is doing the rounds on face book I hope this is nothing to do with a far earlier post I made on the subject

3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Would be interesting to monitor decisions over a season to see if things actually do "even themselves out" in the long run..  It might just be my imagination but it does seem if that is the case, we are due a whole bunch of stuff to go our way in the run in.. or is it just that the bad stuff stays in the mind and we conveniently forget the gifts

I think there have been a few times where we have said "we got lucky there"

7 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I cannot think of anything we've really got away with over the season, barring possibly the Luton penalty being disallowed, but that wasn't a penalty in the first place.

I can think of about a dozen decisions we've been robbed by though.

• Like 1

I think “getting lucky” is different to an actual ref incorrect decision that has gone against us. 

@Teacider points out to the Luton pen and i can see why but that was the correct call. He did touch the ball twice.  Just like Tav v Norwich was correct call.

I am thinking of actual bad ref decisions that have cost us. I can think of today and also Blackburn where we should have had a pen and been playing 10 men for 60mins.

I cant think of any wrong ref calls that have gone in our favour unless someone else can??

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Calmed down now but I will say that if our players take heed of what went on today and try and show we are no mugs then I believe we will have some good runs coming our way.

Seems that Britt and Boro parting by mutual consent is doing the rounds on face book I hope this is nothing to do with a far earlier post I made on the subject

I can’t believe that you have got poor Britt the sack Alan. I really hope that you are very sorry.......... for not doing it about two years ago 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

It is hard to pick out instances sometimes because for some weird reason I appear to be slightly biased (or wear Boro goggles)... I like to think that as a team, we are fairly honest though I recognise some players do fall over easily, they don't go looking to get opponents cards.  

• Like 1

Usually over the years whenever the ref's are blamed I shrug my shoulders because being in this league for 10 out of the past 11 years I've just become accustomed to the shocking level of referee's we get served up.

But having put that qualifier up, I was pretty stunned at how many bad decisions he made. Seeing his arms point quickly for a corner then suddenly change to a penalty was a special kind of cock up that just rounded it off why on earth the 2nd division in this country puts up with refs that aren't up to it I don't know. We get stuck with older refs that have aren't good enough for the Prem and inexperienced refs who the Football League fast track from National League South it's a joke.

This result pretty much has put a nail in our playoff hopes but NML looked sharp when he came on if we can keep building his sharpness up in the last few games then get him tied down for next season that'd be a positive for us moving forward if he starts to show his Cardiff form he could be a key player for us next season.

• Like 2

Apologies if been mentioned but NW said Tav could have been risked today but he decided against it so hopefully that means injury not that bad and he back for Stoke.

I not read comments back as am not ready to relive injustice of today as it will just boil my pi** but i note NW said Britt was absent because he did not feel well but then goes on to say same about Watmore and that is why he took him off at HT. 

Surely if both were a bit unwell then both either stay home or both travel or am I being cynical here in thinking there more to Britts absence? 

Talking about rub of the green. In the first half the ball was played off Spence when he and a Swansea player went into a tackle but the throw in went our way. 

So I suppose it’s 6 and two 3’s at the end of the day 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Referee Watch – Gavin Ward

Barring any late changes Gavin Ward of Surrey will be in the middle for Blues’ game against Peterborough United at St Andrews tomorrow. Here is a look at his stats.

Previous Performance

Mr Ward has taken charge of four games so far this season – two in League Two and two in the Capital One Cup – and has shown twelve yellow cards and one red. Last season Mr Ward was in the middle for thirty-five games, showing one hundred and ten yellow cards and five reds. Nine of those games were in the Championship, where he showed twenty-four yellows and one red. Curiously enough, that red was shown to a Peterborough United player – Lee Frecklington (for a second bookable offence) in their 2-1 defeat to Southampton at St Mary’s last year.

Last Blues Game Refereed

Not only has Mr Ward shown a red to a Peterborough player in his last game involving them, he has also shown a red in the only Blues game he has ever officiated, to a Blues player. Mehdi Nafti was sent off for a two-footed challenge in the 1-0 win over Doncaster back in September 2008 which raised no eyebrows in the BBC report of the game.

Last Championship Game Refereed

The last game in the Championship that was officiated by Mr Ward was Reading’s 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest at the Madejski Stadium in April of this year. In that game, Mr Ward showed yellow cards to Jimmy Kebe of Reading and Scott Wootton and Joel Lynch of Forest. There were no complaints about the ref in the Reading Chroniclealthough the local newspaper in Nottingham did think that Mr Ward favoured the home side.

All stats from Soccerbase

The guy has a poor history as can be read by searching the web, but I guess all refs do as not many will give a positive write up on one. 

Edited by sanddancer
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Talking about rub of the green. In the first half the ball was played off Spence when he and a Swansea player went into a tackle but the throw in went our way. 

So I suppose it’s 6 and two 3’s at the end of the day 🤷‍♂️

Really when you think about it, we don't have an awful lot to complain about today. Except Djed Spence who ridiculously didn't hand the ball back to the Swansea player when it was clearly their throw-in. That bit was diabolical.