oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Really when you think about it, we don't have an awful lot to complain about today. Except Djed Spence who ridiculously didn't hand the ball back to the Swansea player when it was clearly their throw-in. That bit was diabolical.

This has to be a mick take. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

I missed this one 

The late drama left Warnock raging at the officials as Swansea climbed to within a point of the automatic promotion places with two games in hand.

Middlesbrough stay ninth having lost despite controlling much of the game.

Warnock had been hoping to celebrate the new contract he signed this week with a positive result, with Middlesbrough announcing on Thursday that the 72-year-old has agreed to stay on as manager next season.

He is already making plans for 2021-22, though it is not yet clear which division Middlesbrough will be in given that the play-offs are within reach despite this result.

Just seen Steve Cooper on Quest. Ugly little gargoyle. Said both todays and the midweek pen for them were "stonewall". Think someone's been sneaking down from the tower at night and drinking the communion wine...

The pundits on quest agree its not a pen at the end. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Just seen Steve Cooper on Quest. Ugly little gargoyle. Said both todays and the midweek pen for them were "stonewall". Think someone's been sneaking down from the tower at night and drinking the communion wine...

The pundits on quest agree its not a pen at the end. 

can see why my mate calls him Gollum..

• Haha 1
Just now, Old Codger said:

Astonishingly Quest agreed that we wuz robbed..  first time for everything..  didn't show Dijksteel incident though  

TBH, I remember the Dijksteel incident/s and they were both fairly innocuous, both involved Ryan Manning. It seemed more like Manning and Dijksteel were both ball watching on the first and most significant occasion, Dijksteel ran into the path of Manning and they tripped over one another. Dijksteel came out of it worse for wear with a knock to his... ankle? Knee? Not entirely sure.

The second one was pretty much nothing too, I'm not even sure Dijksteel was caught on that one even though we got a free-kick for it. It looked to me that he'd actually went down in pain because he'd had a recurrence of the problem from the first challenge, as opposed to Manning catching him, though I could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they inequivocally didn't says it all to me.

I absolutely aggree!

• Like 1

Surprised by Quest as last week they were talking about how abuse of refs isn't right. But they has to be something done want some sort of VAR  in the championship as is very much a big spotlight on it. If a ref makes a blunder it can hinder their career like the Blackburn ref he hasn't had a game since.  I don't want VAR to rule of finger nail offsides but if they could see these game defining incidents would be alot less controversy and loss in reputation for the refs. As that ref must be feeling very anxious his decisions been shared all across social media right around the world. If was VAR the spotlight wouldn't be on him he wouldn't be receiving the abuse. Its needed to protect the refs really otherwise spirals out control.  In league 1 or 2 isn't the same like spotlight on it doesn't matter as much. 

• Like 1

Well... What a ****heap of a day...

I don't get to follow much in Lockdown as I spend 7.5 hours online tutoring on saturdays - but having watched back? Jesus Christ.

Our play-off hopes are diminishing. If we don't make it, I'll be rooting for Barnsley. The turnaround under Ismaël is nothing short of incredible. They're also the only other viable northern club in contention...

What I will say is I wish we played like we did in the 2nd half all the time because we'd be a far better team. Ball on the floor and use the technical players we have to create spaces and opportunities. Not long ball after long ball to 6ft and under forwards up against giant centre halves! 

For me the play offs is a tall order now unless we go on a great run, which with our inconsistency so far this season looks unlikely. However, next season if we can retain the likes of Bolasie, Kebano, NML and add a quality goalkeeper and striker I think we'll have a great chance. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

How anyone can watch those replays and claim it's not a penalty is beyond me. 

How anyone can watch those ŕeplays and claim its a definate penalty is beyond everybody else. It was not a foul.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, SmogDane said:

I blame Bettinelli.. he should have saved the penna.. Randolph would

Straight down the middle. He would have saved it if he'd remained his normal  statuesque self. He must go at the end of the season. Dud!

The thing that gets me is if Swansea had sportsmanship they would of let us walk the ball in for a draw like Bielsa did a few years ago but they didn't as they are cheaters hope they aren't promoted horrible club with cocky fans who are attacking Bolasie asking for VAR