oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

I don't know the rules of the game, but I would think kicking though another player's leg to get the ball would constitute a foul, in which case the Saville incident should have been a free kick to us.

The Bolasie incident is just an absolute joke - a clumsy dive by their player. I don't know if having VAR available would have made any difference, but officials need to get better at spotting this kind of fakery or "simulation".

I agree that players crowding round refs isn't a pleasant sight, but it is entirely understandable in situations like these where everyone but the ref knows they've made a bad decision.

If refs don't want that kind of hassle, they need to improve their decision making. There are far too many bad calls being made.

• Like 3
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I don't know the rules of the game, but I would think kicking though another player's leg to get the ball would constitute a foul, in which case the Saville incident should have been a free kick to us.

If he’s caught Saville it would be, but he’s caught the ball beneath Saville’s foot.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing that gets me is if Swansea had sportsmanship they would of let us walk the ball in for a draw like Bielsa did a few years ago but they didn't as they are cheaters hope they aren't promoted horrible club with cocky fans who are attacking Bolasie asking for VAR 

Thing is, we shouldn't need other teams to be sporting. We need officials who can actually do their jobs.

I don't particularly want to see VAR introduced, as we clearly can't use it effectively yet.

But incidents like the Blackburn game and yesterday make me lean towards having it, if only because then there can only be the ref to blame for making bad decisions.

No more, "he was at a bad angle...had his view blocked...it happened too quickly...the assistants missed it as well".

The video evidence will be there, during the game, so no-one to blame but the guy with the whistle if they still balls it up.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

One positive is that Mendez-Laing got an assist, so he's now contributed more than Ravel Morrison ever did.

Hoping we can keep some of the January signings next season.

He also assisted for Ayew's second goal 🙃

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

One positive is that Mendez-Laing got an assist, so he's now contributed more than Ravel Morrison ever did.

Hoping we can keep some of the January signings next season.

Like you @TeaCider24 I am also hoping NML does well as I feel a fully fit NML could be an asset, on a free it is a no brainer if he can rediscover some of his form. Not necessarily as a starter but he can play either flank and up top in an emergency so would be a very useful addition.

• Like 1

So, it's the mourning after ...

I am still *** off, but beginning to accept, that life goes on...

We switched off two times yesterday, only two times where both lead to a Swansea goal ... They didn't have a sniff, but these two times ... We were in control away from home to one of the direct promotion contenders ..

Further more their first goal had a stupid deflection, which made Betts look stupid to some ... I believe he was going to save the ball, if it hadn't changed direction off Spence..

We got cheated for a world class strike goal from Bola ..

Swansea was rewarded a weird penna 25 seconds before the added six minutes would end..

We can only hope that this injustice will make us a tighter unit ... Where we can use this for kick-starting a winning run ..

We are due some luck and/or close decisions going our way!

Utfb

Edited by SmogDane
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So, it's the mourning after ...

I am still *** off, but beginning to accept, that life goes on...

We switched off two times yesterday, only two times where both lead to a Swansea goal ... They didn't have a sniff, but these two times ... We were in control away from home to one of the direct promotion contenders ..

Further more their first goal had a stupid deflection, which made Betts look stupid to some ... I believe he was going to save the ball, if it hadn't changed direction off Spence..

We got cheated for a world class strikes goal from Bola ..

Swansea was rewarded a weird penna 25 seconds before the added six minutes would end..

We can only hope that this injustice will make os a tighter unit ... Where we can use this for kick-starting a winning run ..

We are due some luck and/or close decisions going our way!

Utfb

All good points. We played much better yesterday and should have got something out of the game I’d much rather we play and lose like that against a decent side than get trounced 3 nil by a mediocre one. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Sorry to be that guy. But Bettinelli before (Picture 1), and as Ayew hits the ball (Picture 2) has both his feet planted and doesn't shift his body at all as if he was going to shape and stop the shot to the far post. He's stood completely rooted to the spot. As the ball passes Spence he is practically in the exact same position (Picture 3). 

By Picture 3 he's in a great position to stop the ball going either to the near post or far post. Instead he reacts way too late and the ball slips past his right foot. Deflection or not from that angle, how close he is to the near post and how he has set himself leading upto that point he should be stopping that shot.

I'd understand, if he'd shifted his feet/body or shaped to dive to his left, that the deflection would have thrown him off. But he's literally stood still. 

But that whole situation could have been avoided if Howson cleared man and ball at the header back in, or Bola got out the way. Or further back when we just let Guehi have a free run to the edge of our box with no-one stepping in until Bolasie has to track back and make the foul.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Sorry to be that guy. But Bettinelli before (Picture 1), and as Ayew hits the ball (Picture 2) has both his feet planted and doesn't shift his body at all as if he was going to shape and stop the shot to the far post. He's stood completely rooted to the spot. As the ball passes Spence he is practically in the exact same position (Picture 3). 

By Picture 3 he's in a great position to stop the ball going either to the near post or far post. Instead he reacts way too late and the ball slips past his right foot. Deflection or not from that angle, how close he is to the near post and how he has set himself leading upto that point he should be stopping that shot.

I'd understand, if he'd shifted his feet/body or shaped to dive to his left, that the deflection would have thrown him off. But he's literally stood still. 

But that whole situation could have been avoided if Howson cleared man and ball at the header back in, or Bola got out the way. Or further back when we just let Guehi have a free run to the edge of our box with no-one stepping in until Bolasie has to track back and make the foul.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

Could you please find a frame where the ball is on it's way in the goal .. maybe when the ball is 15 inches from crossing the line?

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Could you please find a frame where the ball is on it's way in the goal .. maybe when the ball is 15 inches from crossing the line?

Picture 3, you can make the ball out is about half the distance from the goal line and Spence. Or do you mean closer than that?

The Picture here is pretty close to the goal line. But again Bettinelli hasn't really moved still.

Screenshot_20210307-115638_Scores.jpg

Is there anybody on this forum who believes that Bettanelli deserves his place in this team, and if so, on what basis. A goalkeeper should instil confidence in his defence, organise that defence, know when to come for a cross, position himself to block shots and make the forwards work for their goal. This guy just does none of the above and frankly is a liability and a mistake waiting to happen, did you see that attempt to come out for a cross yesterday, schoolboy error stuff. Right sorry rant over, I just do not get what NW sees in him and I hope to God he is not thinking of making his move permanent. To leave on a positive note, apart from his obvious mistake yesterday, I think the improvement in Marc Bola is astonishing and he seems a really genuine lad living the dream

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Or further back when we just let Guehi have a free run to the edge of our box with no-one stepping in until Bolasie has to track back and make the foul.

We were largely pushed up which is why there was a gap for him to run into. The real blame lies in the manner in which we conceded possession from a half hearted and ill thought out throw-in and then a succession of weak challenges that led to Guehi breaking free in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Does anyone else recall the bizarre moment when Kebano was chasing and closing down Connor Roberts who went down near the byline and curled himself around the ball expecting a free kick, handling it then jumped up when there was no whistle with Kebano also stopped and started playing again?

Surely it had to be a foul from Kebano on Roberts and if it wasn't then either a corner or a free kick to us for hand ball but the Ref done nothing even though both players had stopped!

That same instance Roberts did actually win the foul a few seconds later on a blatant dive with Kebano not even touching him.

• Like 1