oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

We were largely pushed up which is why there was a gap for him to run into. The real blame lies in the manner in which we conceded possession from a half hearted and ill thought out throw-in and then a succession of weak challenges that led to Guehi breaking free in the first place. 

Exactly! There is a culmination of small errors that ultimately led to their first goal. 

Was it Dave Brailsford with the GB Cycling team that really shifted the focus for them onto the small marginal gains? Rather than focusing on bigger areas. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Is there anybody on this forum who believes that Bettanelli deserves his place in this team, and if so, on what basis. A goalkeeper should instil confidence in his defence, organise that defence, know when to come for a cross, position himself to block shots and make the forwards work for their goal. This guy just does none of the above and frankly is a liability and a mistake waiting to happen, did you see that attempt to come out for a cross yesterday, schoolboy error stuff. Right sorry rant over, I just do not get what NW sees in him and I hope to God he is not thinking of making his move permanent. To leave on a positive note, apart from his obvious mistake yesterday, I think the improvement in Marc Bola is astonishing and he seems a really genuine lad living the dream

I think Warnock selects him because letting Stoj go on loan has backfired and now backed himself into a corner. Hopefully we will thank him in the summer and move on. If we retain him and the crowds come back he will be starting with massive pressure with every minor detail groaned about from the off, not a great starting point and very difficult to recover from. It's bad enough 5 or 6 games in but not from the off.

Bola is improving and doing very well, just hope in future he doesn't challenge facing the wrong way in his own box. That said that's now two cracking goals he has scored recently even if one of them was stolen by a bent Referee.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Picture 3, you can make the ball out is about half the distance from the goal line and Spence. Or do you mean closer than that?

The Picture here is pretty close to the goal line. But again Bettinelli hasn't really moved still.

Screenshot_20210307-115638_Scores.jpg

I zoomed in and found the ball ... Only excuse is if Bettinellis weight was shifting toward the far post .. as in real time it went on pretty rapid

As shaky as Bettinelli is i doubt he does have such a clause given Kebano also from Fulham has been in and out of our team.

Plus the choice currently is Bettinelli or Archer and we all know peoples views on latter so clause or no clause Bettinelli will start ahead of him.

I will be honest with you @SmogDane I remember Archer was a key part of Millwall team that season we beat them to play offs. Millwall were challenging up until last few weeks of that season. 

His career since then has taken somewhat of a nose dive it seems given clubs he been at and his lack of playing time at them clubs. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I will be honest with you @SmogDane I remember Archer was a key part of Millwall team that season we beat them to play offs. Millwall were challenging up until last few weeks of that season. 

His career since then has taken somewhat of a nose dive it seems given clubs he been at and his lack of playing time at them clubs. 

So potentially he could be better than Betts ..  (in some needed areas)

I said earlier Fulham would take up year option on Bettinelli contract and not risk losing him on a free but just noticed he signed his last deal when they were in PL so they might let him go on a free as opposed to sign him up again. Even when they loan keeper leaves he still behind Rodak in pecking order

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He was a key part of the reason their challenge fell apart.

He let in some absolutely shocking goals, including against us.

I'm sure we have a pretty good idea if we're signing him permanently or not, so if we aren't and the play offs are more or less gone I'd rather we played archer. Though his contract is only to the end of the season too

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He was a key part of the reason their challenge fell apart.

He let in some absolutely shocking goals, including against us.

Did he not get they player of season that season?