oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Bolasie shouldn't have had to track back initially either. If we are intent on playing 3 in Midfield, where the frick were they?

So static and not tracking runners.

It is worrying when your forwards are doing defensive work.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Doesn't matter if it deflects if Bettinelli is on top of his near post like he should have been. Once Ayew shoots across him it's on the defenders to clear it.

So Betenelli should just not react to the original shot and leave it to go in the far corner ? Have a day off mate, seriously? How is it the defenders job to save the shot if it goes across him?😂 like what?

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I'm not thinking he is innocent per se. I just think Howson was equally if not more at fault. 

He effectively challenges his own unchallenged player for the ball. Just pointless and absurd.

He calls for the ball, he's running onto the ball so he's getting the best distance on it if he gets it, he shouts when the ball is pretty much peak distance in the air. Bola is just standing still, even if he gets his head on it it's probably not going very far.

The most important thing of course is that only one of them goes for it. When Howson shouts for it, he thinks he's the one who's getting it. Howson moves, Bola doesn't, there's no chance he's more at fault than Bola in that situation.

The whole thing is a defensive calamity. But I think Howson has done exactly what he's supposed to do in that situation. The only problem is he's not big enough to, as Curtis Davies was saying, take his teammate out to get to it. Bola is essentially blocking his own man from getting it, he's doing nothing else. If anyone is more at fault, it's Bola.

As for when it reaches Ayew, Spence is right to try and put the block in. The ball is hit with a bit of pace behind it and as soon as it takes a touch off someone but stays on target, any thought going through Bettinelli's head is kind of redundant. I think he does well to save it by the time it gets past Spence, as opposed to him being rubbish for not saving it. He is still rubbish, regardless, but I don't think whatever rubbish he did there really made a difference.