oneBoro Forum

Swansea vs Boro 2-1 (Morsy)

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

He came off injured on Tuesday, that's why Saville was on and scored within minutes.

I'm surprised anyone thought he would play today after that.

I said at the time and after that it sucked to lose him to injury again. Unsure why everyone seemed to skip over that fact after the game!

• Like 1
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

That's a team and a half, isn't it? Smash and grab selection if ever I saw one. Guess we're playing on Swansea's desire to win and hoping to snatch something on the counter. God knows how we change it if we go down early.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I think we will see Sav and Bolasie playing just behind Watmore.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saville is played up front with Watmore and Bolasie on the wings. Saville showed a bit of fight and energy midweek when he came on compared to Britt and Chuba's normal non descript endeavours. It's a strange one if he does but I wouldn't put it past Warnock.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Interestingly, after Hall's goal, apparently no team has had more goal scorers in the Championship than Middlesbrough.

Just as well, considering we have no prolific strikers.

According to BBC stats, 9 players have weighed in with 2 or more and 8 have managed a goal each.

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I’d rather see Spence at RWB then Dijksteel, and I’m not a big fan of Spence. But Dijksteel has looked so poor recently since he came back from injury.

Dijksteel has barely played at RB/RWB since coming back.

He's been a centre back in every match apart from against Cardiff, and I think his performances are suffering because of that.

• Like 1

I don't mind us going more defensive against a team like Swansea, away from home (in principle - whether it actually works is another matter).

I do wonder though, how much all the chopping and changing of starting XIs and formations is unsettling the players.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I believe its now Taylor-Wimpey. 😉

Is this your way of saying "home win"?

Well according to the stats, yes. 
I think a defeat is more likely then not. Swansea are 12 points better off but the importance being they have conceded 13 goals less then us. So although they are not prolific goal scorers they are a tight knit team that concede far less then we do. 

• Like 1

Swansea are seemingly themselves playing a 3.5.1.1 formation with Hourihane playing off Ayew.

They usually go 3.5.2 / 3.4.1.2 with Lowe and Ayew up top but Lowe had bit of a goal drought so benched.

• Thanks 1