oneBoro Forum

16 minutes ago, Will said:

There isn't a keeper in the world who saves that first goal imo

Personally I think that Bettinelli is not a good goalie and I don’t blame him for that goal but there are thousands of goalkeepers in the world who would have saved that one. What a ludicrous statement to make 🙄

• Like 1
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K Look, he magicked him out of the water!

Quest will usually side with the ref from what I've seen over the past few years, so the fact they unequivocally didn't in this instance says it all to me.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Personally I think that Bettinelli is not a good goalie and I don’t blame him for that goal but there are thousands of goalkeepers in the world who would have saved that one. What a ludicrous statement to make 🙄

No more Guinness for you tonight!

11 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I was a goalie for 15+ years and I can only say I aggree with all of this.

Have you let MFC know? You might get a game! 

Just don't get beaten at the near post and you'll be fine! 

• Haha 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Have you let MFC know? You might get a game! 

Just don't get beaten at the near post and you'll be fine! 

I'm only slightly older than Dimi, so why not 😄

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

No more Guinness for you tonight!

Well a drunk goalie full of Guinness would have been lying against the post and the ball would have hit him for a start. Put that against the not a goalie in the world would have saved it and see which one makes more sense 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

I would like to add whilst am not a Bettinelli fan I do not blame him for the goal v Swansea.

His issue is he has been general shaky throughout the season and inspires little confidence. There was a set piece cross v Swansea in first 20 mins where he came to punch it and got caught in absolute no mans land and Howson hooked clear. If he had done that v Cardiff for Morrisons goal then great as I felt for that throw in he maybe should have come out and taken a few men out (from both sides) and got something on ball.

He seems to do the wrong things at the wrong time, especially when it comes to crosses which is a big worry given championship football focuses a lot on set pieces when trying to get a goal

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Blanco said:

Thousands? 😂😂 Yeh ok mate.

14 minutes ago, Will said:

Thousands? 😂😂 Yeh ok mate.

Yep from U12’s right up to senior goalkeepers 

Just now, Blanco said:

Yep from U12’s right up to senior goalkeepers 

👍 Wind ups don't work when they're blatantly obvious.

• Haha 1

If you get into the position Bettinelli is in and try and shift your weight from a neutral position to you left foot. The first thing you'll notice is the body shift towards that side, your knee and shoulders will dip slightly (not a lot but slightly) towards the side you've shifted your weight to.

You see that movement from Bettinelli after the ball is past Spence, not before the ball is hit or the moment it is hit. It is my opinion that Bettinelli gets caught flat footed and reacts too late.

Is he the sole factor in the goal being conceded? No. 

Is it a difficult save to make? Yes.

Should he do better? Yes.

Don't blame him whatsoever in this instance, I think he does have an unfortunate tendency to overcriticise referees at times but it's entirely justified for this match 

• Like 3

I don't think Warnock could not say something. Stay quiet after an incident like that and nothing changes.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Will said:

I don't think Warnock could not say something. Stay quiet after an incident like that and nothing changes.

I'm not sure the change stems from Warnock though. I think with Warnock it's a boy that cried wolf situation. 

The fact that Lineker and other prominent members of the game have also questioned the disallowed goal, is when I think the FA will stand up and take notice.