oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

41 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thanks for this!

I'm curious about the transfer fee though. Would that be $8m US dollars? If so that equates to around £5.8m - a lot of dough to splash on 1 player. Especially when we've apparently been haggling over much smaller fees for other players.

Do you suppose this is an indicator Gibson & Warnock expect to make a genuine promotion push this season?

It'll be paid in installments. Reported fee also includes bonuses and other incentives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It'll be paid in installments. Reported fee also includes bonuses and other incentives.

Beckhams team bought another one of their players it said $6m in the media but it came out later it was more like $2m probably with addons.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

God I can't wait to watch every Argentina game in the olympics 😁 Just wanna see our boy in action

Do they have any warm up games planned 😁

How many here dont rate Bola and Dijksteel? 

They were bought from League One ... Just saying ... 

Players should not be measured by where from they are bought ... 

They should be measured how they do on and off the pitch, to do their best for the club that bought them ...

So I always welcome new players, regardless of where they come from ... And then I make my own opinion, when I see them play ... 😎

• Like 10
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

They should be measured how they do on and off the pitch, to do their best for the club that bought them ...

So I always welcome new players, regardless of where they come from ... And then I make my own opinion, when I see them play ... 😎

That's far too sensible for this forum..

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

We will always judge our players based on how well they do for us, to be fair. It's why despite how promising Bola, Browne and Dijksteel had been for their previous clubs, we took Woodgate's season and thought Bola wasn't good enough, Browne might come good but was quite raw and Dijksteel looked hopeless before being injured.

Difference with those 3 of course is that the players we're linked with or signing from lower divisions haven't exactly got their whole career ahead of them, they don't have much room to manoeuvre. It's not to say they're done with their growth but with the career they've had so far, people aren't convinced they will come good for us at this level.

Ultimately, we should and hopefully will all give them a chance to do their thing here. As long as they're not massive bell-ends then I'll back them on the day when they put the shirt on for us. Ikpeazu is one I'm not overly convinced by but he'll 100% get his chance to prove me wrong and I hope he does.

• Like 1

What is evident from translating Argentinian tweets/articles is how rated Payero is. Fingers crossed it gets done. 

If it is happening for 5m then clearly the club think it's worth the push financially. 

4 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

As it stands, I have little faith we will get promoted. We were poor over the second half of the season despite signing players in January that clearly aimed to solidify our place in the playoffs, and I also expected our transfer business this summer to be limited. So far, our actual signings have been pretty unspectacular, although there are indications of more ambitious business to come. 

Having said all of that, it doesn’t mean the club aren’t genuinely aiming for promotion. It doesn’t mean that’s not Gibson’s expectation and it doesn’t mean Warnock isn’t backing himself. So if that’s the message the club want to give out, I’ll judge our coming season to that standard. 

We did have injuries to key players and a shocking goalkeeper though, little changes could have made a big difference to our season as we were certainly in enough games. 

I don't think we need a spectacular summer to get around the playoffs, a few solid signings and luck with injuries could get us there. Equally though if we don't make up those fine margins it'll just be a repeat of last season

• Like 2
1 hour ago, scotty189 said:

Relatively quiet weekend, was hoping we would finalise mullins and mpanzu, anyone got an update on these ?

must be confident on mpenzu with letting saville go

4 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Warnock said Saville wanted to leave for personal reasons. 

Not saying that isn't true but I wouldn't take anything that Warnock puts in the press as gospel

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""