• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

Who was the lad Barnsley had up top last year on loan, who warnock raved about wonder if the mystery striker could be him

I think he's a regular for Orlando in the MLS now, would probably be a pretty sizeable fee 

6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

It just seems.. a little premature to be speaking about a new manager. The timing just seems really odd to me. 

I didn't start the subject but you quoted me.

Regardless, Warnock is more than likely done after this season, and there's talk of a DoF, so I really don't see an issue in discussing the future of the club.  You can always just pay no attention to it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DocMartin said:

I agree he isn’t, but he wont be leading the line. The new striker, whoever it may be will be someone capable of leading the line and to challenge Ikpeazu for his place or hopefully be much better and lead the line from the off.

I'm not so sure, I think he will look at options fill stop. Ikpeazu isn't a target man per se, yeah he's tall but he's more about power and strength than winning headers

28 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

Possibly an interesting note for anyone bothered about squad numbers.

If you go on the MFC website and look at the squad, none of the new signings have numbers obviously, but either does McNair!!! Everyone else has their previous number. That suggests to me that he is moving from 17. the empty numbers in the first 11 are 1,3,8,9,11. I’d guess they will be taken up by Lumley (1), new LB (3) McNair (8, hes worn it in all the friendlies even when playing CB), Ikpeazu (9), Payero/Ameobi/new winger (11). As some have pointed out Crooks may be 25 to honour his friend, and it is available. If/when Akpom goes I’d imagine the shock striker if it comes off will be number 10.

After saying all that no doubt I’ll be wrong 😂

Wonder if Bola might take 3, he's likely to be our first choice LB I think.

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

Could he not have had the no.3 last season if that had been his preference?

NW thought Marv was the best LB at the club and Bola wasn't very highly thought of this time last year IIRC, so probably not, no.

2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Most of what most people write doesn’t happen.. unless you’re Penny Crayon!

Sol Bamba is no dafter or more unlikely than Chris Wilder and was a suggestion in relation to someone who may have been brought into the club recently that is taking up some sort of coaching role.

Of course it's dafter.  One is a proven manager, and one isn't. 

In terms of the other post you made about the timing being odd.  Well, Warnock is possibly going to retire at the end of this season, so presumably we are already thinking about the future because of that.  Also, somebody who is reasonably ITK has suggested some potential changes taking place during this season, and at the end of the season, as it relates to the hierarchy at the club.  It might be nothing, but that's one of the reasons that there has been some chat about the future recently.  A DoF being appointed, somebody returning to the club I think we're two of the pieces of information given.  Sorry, also a long term plan being put in place.  Warnock is obviously here this season but it sounded like changes could be afoot beyond that 👍

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

Could there be a twist in our favour with Muniz ? Business is business , so I wouldn't bet against it, but expect we have moved on to our ' shock signing ' 

Edited by Simply Red
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

A successful manager who may well be looking to retire.  A potential future coach who hasn't even got his badges, and as you say, is at the first hint of his involvement with the club.  I've been reading your posts for years, most of what you write not only never happens but never gets near to happening.  Nothing wrong with that like but don't be surprised if people point out that it's either unlikely, daft, or both.

Should fit right in here thenfoursome wink GIF by AwesomenessTV

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""