• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

At a bare minimum we need a goalkeeper and 2 strikers.

We potentially need 2 wingers if we don't keep any of the January signings.

I'd also say we need a proper left back to compete with Bola.

8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock has mentioned that he needs another 3 or 4 players, I think 13 is very unlikely.

Well our squad is too small now if we loose 8 in the summer we definitely need more than 3 or 4. 

We need 3 signings just to replace the loan signings and that will only put us back where we are.

Yeah it depends on who leaves, which is difficult to say at this point. Were probably a centre back, a centre midfielder and a left back away from having enough players number wise. Quality wise is a different story (up front and in goal are the two areas that jump to mind most - although I personally think our midfield has been largely ineffective this season and would love to see someone with a bit more guile and leadership in there) but if the likes of bolasie and kebano go back, they'll need replaced too. Could be very busy. 

If we keep everyone in the current squad. I think we need a centre forward and a centre back.
If all the loanees go, Britt, Fletcher, Archer and Johnson go and I have my Neil Warnock hat on we need;

Goalkeeper x2 (1st choice and a back-up)
Left back (To compete with Bola)
Centre back (A big physical one)
Wingers x4 (All capable of playing either side and 1/2 being able to play through the middle too)
Forward x2 (A big target man and probably a physical player as a back-up). 

10 players in total.

If we offer contracts to Bettinelli, Bolasie, NML, Johnson and Fletcher that reduces what we need down to 4 (Johnson can be back-up to Bola and also one of the wider players too). A back-up Keeper, Centre back, winger and Centre Forward. *

*This is not what I would actually like to see, but I am thinking with what NW might want/need.

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I feel very honoured that my request for a summer transfer thread has been created and even named after me 😂

Anyway sounds like Coulson is gonna be out the door. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hayden-coulson-faces-uncertain-middlesbrough-19985402

I said on Twitter in a reply to Dom (Gazette) on Saturday I think Coulson is a goner, I can also see Spence going too. 
If Warnock brings in the players he wants in the summer I cannot see room for either of them.

• Like 1

Don't think we should sell Coulson unless we get a solid amount with a sell on fee.

Think it would be better to loan him out to a good club where he'll get playing time. We may not always have Bola if he keeps up his current rate of progression and Johnson is 30.

• Like 1

Both Coulson and Spence are etremely limited players and for me, arent solid enough to merit regular starts at this level. theyre basically a left and right version of the same player. none can be classed as anything more than enthusiastic. and both seem to operate tight to the line and are most useful between the 18yd lines, both wet behind the ears higher or lower than these parimeters. along with Bettinelli. Britt, and Akpom id have no issues if we offloaded as none of these offer anything resembling a hope of better things. the latter two dont even seem to have the will to put more effort in to alter that.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

So what do we need in the summer?

GK x2

LB x1

CB x1

RW x 2

LW x2

10 x2 ????? Or GS CM

CF x 3

assuming Archer, Johnson, NML, Fletcher and Britt leave and the loans go back.

As a fellow boro fan and someone who therefore cares for you can I politely ask you to lower your expectation by about 100 notches so you are not left disappointed. 

I can tell you now we are not going to sign 13 new players. In fact if we sign less than half that of 6 players I will surprised.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""