oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I think there will be a huge turnover in the summer:

End of Loan:

Bettinelli, Kebano, Bolasie 

End of Contract:

Archer, Johnson, NML, Assombalonga, Fletcher.

Players I think we’ll move on:

Spence, Coulson, Wing, Browne, Akpom.

I think I’d be happy with maybe 8 in to replace those.

1 x GK - If we assume Bettinelli returns to Fulham and Archers deal isn’t renewed I’m happy for Sol Brynn to be back up to a new established, solid 1st choice keeper. Although you could argue it’s not ideal for Brynns development it would keep him in and around the first team squad permanently and would be interesting to see him get game time in the cups etc. It wouldn’t necessarily leave us short either because if the ‘new’ number one gets injured an emergency kom signing can be made and there’s always an abundance of serial back up senior keepers available. 

RB - I’m happy with Djiksteel and Fisher competing for this spot. McNair and Howson could fill in if absolutely necessary.

CB x 1 - I think Fry and Hall will be 1st choice pairing in a back four and with the versatility of Djiksteel and McNair I think only 1 is needed. Nathan Wood could benefit from another full season away on loan playing week in week out.

LB x 1 - I don’t think Johnson or Coulson are reliable left backs, both are better suited to playing further forward so competition for Bola is vital.

Midfield x 1 (if they’re an improvement on what we have) - I think  3 from Howson, McNair, Morsey, Saville and Tavernier are good enough, and I like the look of Hayden Hackney from what little I’ve seen of him. I have never been a big Lewis Wing fan and I think he’ll be on his way this summer. 

Wide men/attacking midfielders x 2 (+ NML) - I think Coulson and Spence are going to be leaving the club (although I’d like to retain Coulson, I think there’s a player in there) and if Kebano, Bolasie and NML leave we are really short. I’d like us to try and retain NML and sign at least 2 others. I think we’ll re-sign Johnson but Marcus Browne will be out on loan next season.

Forwards x 2 - Britts going, Fletcher will go, Akpom doesn’t seem to suit how we play and if we could move him on I would. With Watmore able to play in and around a target man I’d like to see a decent central focal point striker and another who’s pace can stretch teams and switch things up for us.

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I agree with most of that, but I don't think there's much chance at all of Browne going out on loan in the summer, unless I'm misremembering he's not even expected to be fit again until well in to next season.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I agree with most of that, but I don't think there's much chance at all of Browne going out on loan in the summer, unless I'm misremembering he's not even expected to be fit again until well in to next season.

Around Oct/Nov time i think pal. ACL suffered on 8th Jan v Brentford in the cup. Usually takes around 9 months I think. 

The trouble is alot of fans will be expecting us to be challenging for top 2 next year especially with what will probably be big season ticket sales. Hopefully they can meet this expectation in the transfer market as we do need a whole new strike force. We are looking abroad aswell hope we find a Pukki 

8 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock said he only needs another 3 or 4 players and doesn’t want massive changes to personnel, so I don’t think we’ll bring in 8 new players. 

There are eight players whose loans end or contracts expire then there are the likes of Wing, Coulson, Spence and Akpom who I think NW would be comfortable with losing. Granted he will probably want to retain some like Johnson and NML then Kebano and Bolasie which will be more complex and a lot more expensive to arrange. I can see a minimum of six new incomings and wouldn't be surprised if it is eight.

It was 6 last summer and that was a shorter window with less happening - 5 followed in Jan. You'd expect that he wanted those 5 in in the summer but time constraints and availability of targets prevented us from pushing them through. We have a similar situation of lots of people out of contract for us this summer so can't see why we wouldn't be looking at 6 to 8 players again. 

And then when we get a new manager well need another 6 to 8 to change the style the folllowing year. The cycle continues

20 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock said he only needs another 3 or 4 players and doesn’t want massive changes to personnel, so I don’t think we’ll bring in 8 new players. 

I can only assume that doesn't include the likes of Kebano, Bolasie and NML. If those three stay, then 3-4 other players seems reasonable as we need a keeper, defender and at least 1 striker depending on Fletcher.

31 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I can only assume that doesn't include the likes of Kebano, Bolasie and NML. If those three stay, then 3-4 other players seems reasonable as we need a keeper, defender and at least 1 striker depending on Fletcher.

I think all signs are currently pointing to Mendez-Laing staying, and I hope he does, but I can't see Bolasie staying as he'll probably expect a sizeable wage and I'm not sure we could offer it.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Marvin Emnes is a free agent. Turns 33 in May. Anyone up for “Project restart part 5”?

Oh no. I still remember how disinterested he was during the Tony Mowbray era. Wouldn’t even celebrate a goal come the end 

On 3/21/2021 at 12:22 PM, A21 said:

I think there will be a huge turnover in the summer:

End of Loan:

Bettinelli, Kebano, Bolasie 

End of Contract:

Archer, Johnson, NML, Assombalonga, Fletcher.

Players I think we’ll move on:

Spence, Coulson, Wing, Browne, Akpom.

I think we'll try to keep Johnson and NML, will try to bring Bolasie and hopefully Kebano back. I think Browne and Akpom will also still be here, even if we wanted to shift Akpom on I think we'll have a job as it stands. Archer may also stay if he's not fussed on being 2nd choice.

I worry we'll go back in for Bettinelli despite the stats proving what we can all see, that he's just not a very good goalkeeper. I do think Wing might be moved on permanently if Rotherham want him but I think the best we'll do with Spence and Coulson is loans. I think Coulson in particular is one we might keep around in case Bola gets injured.

The only one out of all of those that I think we can be sure will not be here next season is Britt. Even Fletcher is a maybe, I don't think he'll have any better offers unless he comes back into the side and improves again and as far as I understand, we have a contract on the table ready for him to sign.

So yeah, there's potential for a high turnover of players but I'm not convinced we'll lose as many of them as are listed.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""