oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

How do you know she didn't consent to sex? Were you there? She said she didn't remember giving consent. That's not the same as not consenting.

I can only go on the reports that I read at the time. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I can only go on the reports that I read at the time. Neither of us were there although it sounds as though you wish you had been.

What, exactly is this supposed to mean?

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Despite what TV and Films show otherwise, huh.

Consent absolutely can be implied. Perhaps in this case the waters were a bit muddy due to the alcohol but if you think both parties actually have to physically say "yes" each time for consent to occur then you're being ridiculous.

Consent cannot be implied. It's the actual law.

And, yes, consent should be received for each action when it's with a new partner. Absolutely. And many women actually find it beneficial in the act and feel more at ease and comfortable.

Consider this. If you are/were married, and your wife was passed up drunk. What would your sleeping with her amount to? Would you do it? I'd hope the answer is no. And why? Because it's rape. Marriage doesn't quantify consent, let alone going to a hotel room.

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

How do you know she didn't consent to sex? Were you there? She said she didn't remember giving consent. That's not the same as not consenting.

Actually, DZ, it is the same. The law states it has to be unequivocal. 

57 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ched Evans is only 32. If we get him on a free that's not a bad bit of business. Knows where the goal is.

There is absolutely no credible footballing argument to bring him here. It's clearly evident by your desperation to argue the 'not guilty in the eyes of the law' line where you stand on this. Anyone with a shred of dignity knows that, regardless of the technical verdict, the incident and the subsequent court cases were morally bankrupt. So don't try and mask your stance with a contrived argument that he'd be a worthy signing on a footballing basis. 

You seem to be a contrarian who gets off by playing devil's advocate to just about everything that gets said on here but this is by far the weirdest and most decrepit hill you've chosen to die on. Have a day off. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

Actually, DZ, it is the same. The law states it has to be unequivocal. 

If the club sign him, who will you support Snowy?

I’m going to go with Brighton as they are now my local team and they seem a little more progressive in their views. 

4 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Consent cannot be implied. It's the actual law.

And, yes, consent should be received for each action when it's with a new partner. Absolutely. And many women actually find it beneficial in the act and feel more at ease and comfortable.

Consider this. If you are/were married, and your wife was passed up drunk. What would your sleeping with her amount to? Would you do it? I'd hope the answer is no. And why? Because it's rape. Marriage doesn't quantify consent, let alone going to a hotel room.

If my wife was passed out drunk I wouldn't try to have sex with her, I'd be enjoying some peaceful time 😉

1 minute ago, JMC91 said:

There is absolutely no credible footballing argument to bring him here. It's clearly evident by your desperation to argue the 'not guilty in the eyes of the law' line where you stand on this. Anyone with a shred of dignity knows that, regardless of the technical verdict, the incident and the subsequent court cases were morally bankrupt. So don't try and mask your stance with a contrived argument that he'd be a worthy signing on a footballing basis. 

You seem to be a contrarian who gets off by playing devil's advocate to just about everything that gets said on here but this is by far the weirdest and most decrepit hill you've chosen to die on. Have a day off. 

Nah you're alright, I'll keep discussing this thanks

Can we safely assume that for a multitude of reasons the fans (at least the ones on here which I'm guessing are fairly representative) are less than enamoured about the Evans link and would prefer that we looked elsewhere for our next overpaid lumbering non scoring striker.

I am uncomfortable about several of the appointments the club have made over the years as it doesn't put us in a good light. As NB4 mentioned about Woodgate, if he was to become the Club's Manager I would have been more comfortable had he came out with a statement of some sort condemning his past transgressions and became a positive example rather than ignoring the past and hoping that in the age of social media they would just simply go away. His seeming lack of acknowledgement and remorse made his appointment in the dug out a very uncomfortable time for me to support the team.

I appreciate where Snowblind is coming from and without doubt more needs to be done but the Evans case was well documented, investigated and legally tried and tested. In the end he was found not guilty of the charge. His moral compass is clearly not aligned with most of us on here and I wouldn't want him at the Club but that is purely down to his lack of footballing ability.

• Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Okay, so what if she'd lied about not remembering giving consent? What does the law say then? 

Firstly, it comes back to being drunk is not consent - and the evidence the court heard about who she had been spending time with that evening, which was not Evans.

I'll also point out again the discrepancy of the statistics of rape convictions in our courts before the next part. The sentence for lying in court is a prison sentence. Up to around 5 years I think, off the top of my head? If she was believed to have lied about it, she'd have been found guilty. But she wasn't.

The way our courts handle rape cases - and the very simple, clear laws on consent, needs looking at as a matter of urgency. That's true of both minors and adults alike. 

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If the club sign him, who will you support Snowy?

I’m going to go with Brighton as they are now my local team and they seem a little more progressive in their views. 

I don't know... Probably a local non-league team? Though my local side had Lee Hughes playing for them a couple of season back... So maybe not them!

2 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I don't know... Probably a local non-league team? Though my local side had Lee Hughes playing for them a couple of season back... So maybe not them!

Blimey for a minute there I thought you meant the right wing comedian, I’d forgotten about him. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""