• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Sources said Wolves have stepped up their interest and are ready to offer regular first-team football in the Premier League with right-back Nelson Semedo's future uncertain.

Oh boy, you're in for a surprise Wolves.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Oh boy, you're in for a surprise Wolves.

Watched Semedo play for them a few times and he’s just as useless as Spence, so the fact they spent £35m on him makes me believe this link wholeheartedly...

• Like 1

I think the Spence situation is bound to bite us because he's clearly got something to make that many first team appearances at how young he is, but you have to take 5m for him. Even if he has ability you feel this may be our best chance at getting near the play-offs for some time, so 5m would be invaluable to reinvest in the squad.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Ben J said:

I think the Spence situation is bound to bite us because he's clearly got something to make that many first team appearances at how young he is, but you have to take 5m for him. Even if he has ability you feel this may be our best chance at getting near the play-offs for some time, so 5m would be invaluable to reinvest in the squad.

5m + a sell on fee if he does somehow get his head on straight and I think you have to take it.

With players like Spence the sell on fee is the important part of the sale IMO and we never utilise them enough.

• Like 3

I can see why some ppl like Spence or rather see potential in him, on his day he can beat his man, make good runs with the ball, but this is not what he does often. Often he drifts in and out of the game, seen strolling around the pitch, when like some one made the comparison with Bolasie who is at the other end of his career, is seen busting a gut to get on the ball and try to make something happen, yes he may balloon a few shots wide or over the bar, but if you don't shoot you don't score, and before Bolasie came we seemed very reluctant to shoot at goal from out side of the area. 

To me he just comes across like he can't be arsed, and for a 20 year old player trying to make a name for your self isn't a good start imo. £5m.. yes please.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

5m + a sell on fee if he does somehow get his head on straight and I think you have to take it.

With players like Spence the sell on fee is the important part of the sale IMO and we never utilise them enough.

I think you'll struggle to find a fan, regardless of which side they sit on this debate, say no to a £5m+ offer for Spence. That's a significant sum of money that can be re-invested into our squad regardless of us not losing much on his wages.

The only hesitation I'd add is that giving this manager or just this club in general some money to spend isn't always going to result in good purchases. But then we might as well stop buying and selling altogether.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I spoke with a striking coach a few years ago and he had the mantra that you can teach people to shoot you can’t teach people to score.

Well its horses for courses, isn't it?

If you're a Brazilian wunderkind who honed their skills playing futsal or whatever, you probably don't need help with your technique. But you may still have to be coached to play 11-a-side or how to adapt your style of play in different formations.

Whereas someone with no discernible football skills (like myself) could probably be coached to journeyman standard over a few years. Then go to Scotland, get signed by Celtic or Rangers and pretend to be a top-level footballer. 😁

5 million is decent price to be fair with a sell on clause in case he becomes class. But we have Dijksteel and Fisher for the RB position he won't get a game when Dijksteel is fit again so might aswell cash in if offered 5 million 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""