• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is this something you read or been told?

Sunday mirror reporter who’s close to Cardiff tweeted it said we’d tried last summer expected to happen now 

• Thanks 2

Anyone else rather invest time into Spence than giving a past it Hoilett a chance? 

Id rather have Coulson play as a RW option for a year tbh. It’s absolute fantasy land that we will get promoted next season. Blend the youngsters with experienced pros in a proper system and let them flourish. What is the point of signing a past it player who will not be good enough for the premier league anyway if that’s our intended goal?

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Anyone else rather invest time into Spence than giving a past it Hoilett a chance? 

Id rather have Coulson play as a RW option for a year tbh. It’s absolute fantasy land that we will get promoted next season. Blend the youngsters with experienced pros in a proper system and let them flourish. What is the point of signing a past it player who will not be good enough for the premier league anyway if that’s our intended goal?

Yep me too. Hoillett has been around since 2009 and has never broke 10 goals in a season and he's only broke 10 combined goals/assists in a season twice (one of which being in 2011). He's got more career yellow cards than assists.

I've always thought he was very overrated from the eye test and the stats seem to back that up. The fact hed be 31 when he signs is just an added issue, but his actual ability is the main sticking point for me 

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I have never understood the logic of “why are we signing someone for a promotion push who wont be good enough for the PL” 

Can we at least get to PL first?

Every single team that gets promoted has some players that are not good enough for PL but definitely good enough for championship. Idea is to build a team for promotion.

And in relation to Spence and Coulson being wingers. Just absolutely no from me.

This board has rightly criticised Warnock for using spence as a winger this season so lets not suggest doing something which we as fans have rightly been criticising all season

• Like 1

@Borolad1876 i agree. Kebano was ok but not too fussed on him.

Bolasie in his 15 appearances got 3 goals and 4 assists having not kicked a ball for 6mths prior to arriving. Over a full season with a proper season I would be confident he could get close to double figures for both goals and assists. BUT if his wages are too high then I wont lose any sleep over him not coming as he not the be all and end all for me.

NML for me is a strange one. I cant help but think with a full pre season he could prove to be very useful. Odd thing to say has he done next to nothing since being here but his personal circumstances over last year probably had a lot to do with that. He strikes me as a Watmore in that he a very low risk option financially where the rewards could be similar.

• Like 3

Not overjoyed by this Hoilett news by any stretch, but like any new signing who puts on a Boro shirt, i'll give him a fair crack before judging him. Hopefully it's only a short term contract to see if he's worth it.

57 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

Would like to see us sign that lad from bristol on a free and robert glatzel , rekon we could get him for a couple of million . Two strikers in without having to spend too much 

Apart from Glatzel is a free.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""