oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

How has this Carlos Mendez Gomes not made league 2 team of season. 15 goals and 6 assists according to bbc website and he listed a as wide player?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

How has this Carlos Mendez Gomes not made league 2 team of season. 15 goals and 6 assists according to bbc website and he listed a as wide player?

It's the assists, obviously a greedy boy who does not like pasing to others!🙂

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It's the assists, obviously a greedy boy who does not like pasing to others!🙂

Haha true. Every time we linked with a lower league wide man my thoughts instantly turn to Mark Yates, Mustapha Carayol and Emmanuel Ledesma.

39 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Let me ease your mind and make it clear that we are absolutely not signing Lindstrøm or Wind. Wind is going to cost at least 12 million pounds when he is sold and is already a permanent fixture in the Danish national team. Lindstrøm is one of the biggest talents in Danish football and is going to cost at least 5 million and probably closer to 7. There is no way either of those two players are going to league that isn't a top flight. I reckon both are destined for the Bundesliga. More realistic players would be Hausner who is a defender and he is going to full international in the future. Wahid Faghir is another. Attacker and just 17 years old. His club want around 4,5 million though going by latest reports. Frøkjær who you mentioned seems to have stagnated a bit. Don't know if he has the ability in the long rund though. I'm hoping a bit for Mustapha Bundu who is contracted to Anderlecht but has been on loan at Copenhagen this spring. But due to your fabulous Brexit you have to disregard player who aren't full internationals though which  makes it almost impossible to suggest a suitable target, which makes me wonder which players we have been scouting in Belgium and Denmark. With Brexit, English football has been left behind regarding talent recruitment so we have to turn focus on developing home-grown talent.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

14 minutes ago, ABH said:

As I said, it's made it a lot more difficult for teams like boro. How much talent do we usually buy from top 5 leagues in Europe who already play for their team? Forget about signing foreing talent from leagues further down the ladder.

Using Lindstrøm as an example, he would accrue only 10 points out of the 15 required and that's if his team wins the league. If not he's on 8 points. And he is not even remotely interested in a move to the Championship because he is going to have much bigger suitors. Not even a Prem club could get him due to the rules. And then you have a player like Kamaldeen Sulemana who looks like an unreal talent from Nordsjælland, a club that just spits out one huge talent af another. He's on just 8 points despite being coveted by some of Europes biggest clubs and is totally out of reach by any club in the Championship.

Looks really good that Carlos Mendez Gomes seems he likes to take on his man and whip crosses in exactly what Warnock wants. Worth a punt is just 22 aswell so will have that hunger. 

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Using Lindstrøm as an example, he would accrue only 10 points out of the 15 required and that's if his team wins the league.

I'm not saying this is the case in this example, but an important point to remember is that, anyone that gets between 10 - 14 points can appeal for the right to get a permit. I could be wrong on that but I'm sure I read that somewhere.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I would have thought the Brexit situation would have meant we were incredibly unlikely to sign anyone from abroad any time soon.

This is true. A lot of european players just aren't an option unless they have quite a few caps. Clubs aren't pleased

2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

This is true. A lot of european players just aren't an option unless they have quite a few caps. Clubs aren't pleased

What a terrible situation that they might have to develop and then play their own players 😱

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Has this happened?

No. I promise i not made up. He said it at end of his post match interview. Unless he has changed date or his mind on it.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

No. I promise i not made up. He said it at end of his post match interview. Unless he has changed date or his mind on it.

What was the press conference supposed to be for?  I mean it can't be just to speak about out of contract players cos there's only a few?  Was it a round up of the season just gone and a look ahead to the summer kinda thing?

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What was the press conference supposed to be for?  I mean it can't be just to speak about out of contract players cos there's only a few?  Was it a round up of the season just gone and a look ahead to the summer kinda thing?

He definitely asked the local press to come back in Wednesday morning so he could give them a run down of his talks with the players 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""