oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I watch a lot of L1 and L2 highlights, so I've seen goals he's involved in and things like that and he looks a really clever player.

Unsure what his all round game is like though and if he can't defend he'll never break into a NW team!

Yeah that's the worry that we get defensive coordinator/solid wingers rather than attacking wingers. 

Bolasie was solid both offensively and defensively but Kebano just wanted to attack so I was quite surprised when I seen Warnock bring him in.

If we play 4-3-3 which he says is his favoured formation then we can't afford to have defensive wingers and need players like Bolasie, Kebano, Mendez gomes who can score 10 goals a season with the same amount of assists.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Can't imagine he'd want to come back after how we got rid of him. 

Wasn’t aware there was bad feelings. I seem to recall there was some surprise he left and didn’t go back to the under 23’s.

seemed to have a good eye for players at that level.

35 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah that's the worry that we get defensive coordinator/solid wingers rather than attacking wingers. 

Bolasie was solid both offensively and defensively but Kebano just wanted to attack so I was quite surprised when I seen Warnock bring him in.

If we play 4-3-3 which he says is his favoured formation then we can't afford to have defensive wingers and need players like Bolasie, Kebano, Mendez gomes who can score 10 goals a season with the same amount of assists.

Think we'll only play the 4-3-3 if he can get his big lump of a striker in, the way he's been talking recently suggests he likes the 5-3-2 and the 5-2-3 because we "don't have the striker" for the 4-3-3 apparently.

So signing a QPR reserve keeper and a 31 year old winger who hasn't performed for years fantastic signings bravo. Not good enough quality this. However Mendez Gomes looks good quality we need to try for him 

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

So signing a QPR reserve keeper and a 31 year old winger who hasn't performed for years fantastic signings bravo. Not good enough quality this. However Mendez Gomes looks good quality we need to try for him 

It's already an improvement on keeper 

• Like 1

I've not seen any of him at all, being QPR reserve keeper doesn't fill me with confidence. But then you have situations like Leno keeping Martinez out of the team at arsenal and then Martinez going off and performing far far better than leno.

We can hope for something like that, but warnocks decision making with our keepers has been very poor so far so I'm not holding my breath. 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I've not seen any of him at all, being QPR reserve keeper doesn't fill me with confidence. But then you have situations like Leno keeping Martinez out of the team at arsenal and then Martinez going off and performing far far better than leno.

We can hope for something like that, but warnocks decision making with our keepers has been very poor so far so I'm not holding my breath. 

Yeah him not being a number 1 is rather worrying to say the least I agree.

Good shot stopper and has one hell of a long kick with both feet, but struggles at crosses and commanding area which is a concern especially after we conceded so many set piece goals last season

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""