oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He was defo saving that before his own team mates header took it away from his grasp.

Pulled off a great one handed save few moments later from despite that short taking a deflection. Lads still got his reflexes.

Alan Smith didn’t seem to think so.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

All I'm getting is that you're daft enough to think a player can't be poor if he has a good game.

You’re not paying attention then are you 😃

I could honestly take Howson or leave him right now. Certainly in the first team, I'd like to see Morsy playing where he is right now. It's where he played often for Wigan where he's got such a good reputation.

I thought he started well, like a few of our players in defensive areas to be fair. I think he got a knock early on in the season and we missed him in the team but he never quite came back firing after it.

That being said, I think it irks a lot of people plenty more because Warnock makes him out to be something nobody else sees whilst shitting on others a bit. He's one of those he always mentions when saying "I told them you'll enjoy next season" and it doesn't always match up to the quality of performance we actually see on the pitch. There was one game in particular in the 2nd half of the season I think where Warnock said he was the best player on the pitch in his post-match stuff and we were all a bit dumbstruck by it, he seems to see something we don't.

• Like 1

I'd like Howson to stay as a squad player but he shouldn't be in the first 11 when players in similar positions are fit. His legs have gone, and he tends to just kick the ball anywhere as soon as it comes to him these days. Can't knock his effort, but he needs replacing in the starting fold. Morsy and Mcnair with Tav ahead of them would be my shout, especially if we get no other bodies in for the central positions.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Kieran Westwood has left Sheffield Wednesday, would have him here in a heartbeat for next season 

I'd agree with this, it could be an important factor with his added experience to have him alongside Lumley as a mentor. That in itself, would breed good competition for the no.1 spot

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I could honestly take Howson or leave him right now. Certainly in the first team, I'd like to see Morsy playing where he is right now. It's where he played often for Wigan where he's got such a good reputation.

I thought he started well, like a few of our players in defensive areas to be fair. I think he got a knock early on in the season and we missed him in the team but he never quite came back firing after it.

That being said, I think it irks a lot of people plenty more because Warnock makes him out to be something nobody else sees whilst shitting on others a bit. He's one of those he always mentions when saying "I told them you'll enjoy next season" and it doesn't always match up to the quality of performance we actually see on the pitch. There was one game in particular in the 2nd half of the season I think where Warnock said he was the best player on the pitch in his post-match stuff and we were all a bit dumbstruck by it, he seems to see something we don't.

Agree id also like to see Morsy where Howson plays. Always thought it was weird that they played the other way round to what they’ve been playing for most or all of there career. Howson as the 8 and Morsy as the 6. 

I think Howson had a decent start to the season but as others have mentioned has definitely tailored off the 2nd half. I sometimes think that he’d be a better holding midfielder in a ‘2’ like Clayton and Leadbitter. Maybe him and Morsy/Saville? Also don’t think he’s ever effected the game enough in further forward position for boro. Can never fault Howsons attitude though.

• Like 1

Howson has struggled when facing both big, and quick players. Quiet a few goals and chances we've given away have come from him being beaten and not having the pace to recover. 

If the opposition sit off and try to pass into space, then he'll have a good game. 

But when he had to go face to face with strong or quick players, he's looked average

53 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd have reach back in a heart beat. Versatile which is what we require and has formed into somewhat of a leader.

Good age where we can tie him down for a good couple of seasons unlike players like Hoillet.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I've always quite liked the idea of getting Reach back. I wasn't overly thrilled when we sold him though I could understand he'd always had a wall put in front of him in terms of reaching the first team and I don't think he was ready for the Prem... but then neither were we. It wasn't a bad fee either for what he was at the time though, I guess.

I think we'd be getting a more well rounded player back than what left us. New challenge might get him back to his best. Johnson out, Reach in? Makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd take Westwood, Harris, reach and Rhodes me. Keepers sorted, 3rd striker sorted, reach gets in the 1st 11, and Harris a decent option on the bench.  All frees or is that too easy

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""