oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

This is just a really quick thought .. Some will rate it a brain fart ... 

But 

Could Wing be re-schooled to be a WInger? (No pun intended)

If he can shoot, then he can hopefully cross as well.

He could cut inside and shoot too .. 

Maybe winger is the wrong term ..  a right forward maybe .. 

I dont rate him as being fast .. But is he slower than average? 

Play with my idea, friends .. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

But 

He's not very quick or particularly good on the ball. Wing is best when he doesn't need to do much running. Sat outside the edge of the box where he can pick a pass or take a shot is his position.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

But 

not in our system because Warnock likes his wider players to be defensively responsible too and Wing isn't great at that.

I don't think he's slow, no, he just looks it because of his weird gangly running style. He can deffo cross a ball, too, there's a reason he took a lot of our set pieces. 

Probably wouldn't be the stupidest player we've tried out there *cough* Stuani *cough*

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

But 

If he had pace then maybe, but I think he is definitely slower then average. 
I think Wing is worth having in our squad for the year, probably as an impact sub.

To me it's like he thinks every touch of the ball has to be a goal or assist. Always looking for the Hollywood ball even when it isn't on. He's got talent I think he just needs to learn when to keep it simple and to stop tunnel visioning on the top corner whenever he's within 30 yards of goal.

Would rather keep him than Saville personally.

2 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

There's more twitter rumours about Bolasie going to Turkey, to Adana Demirspor this time.

Had to reread that. 
Thought Bolasie was paying a million dollars for one night with Adama and Demi Moore

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
26 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

Had to reread that. 
Thought Bolasie was paying a million dollars for one night with Adama and Demi Moore

Robert Redford reckons it'd be money well spent...

I think Wing could be a good player at the base of a midfield as a playmaker. He has a good range of passing and could play a position similar to a Xabi Alonso. Albeit he’s not as good at tackling. But he would be a good option to play through. But it all depends on what formation and system we would use. We seem to bypass the midfield isn’t terms of build up play to get the seconds further up, so we don’t really need ball playing midfielders for this job. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brunners said:

No he wasn't. He was asked to do the job of an 8.

I can see what you mean, but he was definitely the most advanced of our midfield and not really relied upon defensively as much as I’d suggest an 8 would be used for. I suppose he wasn’t really a 10 in all honesty because he wasn’t really our playmaker either. 

I think to be fair that is where we have a problem. We have 3 midfielders who lack the creativity of what a 10 would need but they are asked to do a job of contributing further up. 

We’ve all said it for a while but we’ve only really had two out an out number 10s in the championship with Tomlin and Ramirez. I think our better spells coming with players like that in the team is evident enough that they are beneficial to teams. 

42 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I think Wing could be a good player at the base of a midfield as a playmaker. He has a good range of passing and could play a position similar to a Xabi Alonso. Albeit he’s not as good at tackling. But he would be a good option to play through. But it all depends on what formation and system we would use. We seem to bypass the midfield isn’t terms of build up play to get the seconds further up, so we don’t really need ball playing midfielders for this job. 

I'd much prefer him as close to the box as possible. I don't think he's a greatpasser of the ball. But one thing everyone can agree on is that he can score goals given the opportunity - so if he's going to play he's got to be given those opportunities and the only way that'll happen is if he's somewhere between an 8 and a 10.

• Like 1

Wing certainly has the motor to play as an 8. If you're playing with a 3 in midfield he wouldn't need to play as a traditional box to box 8 as much as if we were playing a two man midfield. When was the last time we played a two man midfield. A proper two man midfield? 

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I'd much prefer him as close to the box as possible. I don't think he's a greatpasser of the ball. But one thing everyone can agree on is that he can score goals given the opportunity - so if he's going to play he's got to be given those opportunities and the only way that'll happen is if he's somewhere between an 8 and a 10.

So a 9? 

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""