oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

except maybe Ameobi wants to be here and Johnson doesn't, which is a key thing..

In fairness, you couldn’t blame Johnson if he became disenchanted with the way he was treated. Say what you like about him- and plenty do- his stats were up there with our best last season

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

In fairness, you couldn’t blame Johnson if he became disenchanted with the way he was treated. Say what you like about him- and plenty do- his stats were up there with our best last season

I agree I think he was a bit hard done by being dropped. Recon if we got a striker and cm in last January rather then ML and Bolasie we might have done better with MJ and Watmore either side 

20 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Oh no, I completely agree with Johnson if he wants to go ahead and look for first team football. I like the guy & think he deserves more playing time.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Brunners said:

except maybe Ameobi wants to be here and Johnson doesn't, which is a key thing..

Yeah there's certainly some truth to that, mate.  I think though that if Warnock didn't want to play Johnson then Ameobi would seem to be a similar player so what would be the point of it from our point of view I mean?  Unless he just sees him as a versatile squad player.  Just seems odd to sack off one player, and then replace him with something similar.  Hoilett I can understand as he is a different player to Johnson, same goes for Bolasie, and Kebano.  Ameobi not so much.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Unless he just sees him as a versatile squad player. 

Ameobi, to me, is just that. He can play either side, so he's probably slightly more versatile than Johnson, and he's a bit quicker. 

It wouldn't be a signing that I'd be overly pleased with, but I would assume that he also wouldn't be being looked at as someone who would start 30+ games, would be free, and would probably be on manageable wages. 

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Same ameobi who's never scored more than 5 goals in a season and one season aside has never gotten more than 3 assists?

Hes awful. I don't see what others see when they think this is a good signing. Rather have Hoilett

2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Ameobi be decent signing on a free 

He could only be arsed to play one decent game last time for us on debut when he showed us what he was capable of, the rest of the time he was just pure lazy. Why would you then employ him again?

Warnock has admitted in an interview today that he is looking at Loic Damour that he had at Cardiff however he is looking at another player in that position too.

He also said the next two weeks things will start moving fast

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Warnock has admitted in an interview today that he is looking at Loic Damour that he had at Cardiff however he is looking at another player in that position too.

He also said the next two weeks things will start moving fast

Think you've misread that. He wants another midfielder, not Darmour. Was just talking about him in an interview.

"I’m looking at another midfielder but Loic was a good squad man for me. I thought of him as a lad who would play ten to 15 games a season for me. When we had problems with injuries you could look to him. Or when I needed his tackling for certain games then he would play."

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Think you've misread that. He wants another midfielder, not Darmour. Was just talking about him in an interview.

"I’m looking at another midfielder but Loic was a good squad man for me. I thought of him as a lad who would play ten to 15 games a season for me. When we had problems with injuries you could look to him. Or when I needed his tackling for certain games then he would play."

Hasnt played for a year and half. Sounds like one of these "give the lad a chance" prospects, NML style haha

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Thank God for that.  Other midfielder might be the lad from Luton?

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That same interview he has also gone from wanting 8-9 to 6-7 so we are right on schedule for a 3-4 is fine at the end of the window.

I want to be surprised and disappointed...but somehow I'm not...

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""