oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Can't believe how many people have written him off before he's even announced, absolutely poor supports should be getting behind every single player that comes in regardless of they're known for being exciting or not.

• Like 6
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, liambell42 said:

Can't believe how many people have written him off before he's even announced, absolutely poor supports should be getting behind every single player that comes in regardless of they're known for being exciting or not.

I don't think anyones saying they're not going to get behind them. But it's okay to be underwhelmed by signings based on their career to date. Ultimately they'll be judged by how they do for us, and if they show the right signs when they're playing I'm sure fans will take to them regardless of what they've done in the past. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He's not going to help us get into the play offs is he? He'll help us get into the top half of the table maybe, same as our other signings so far. 

No playoffs for us @Neverbefore

Going up as champions 😃

• Haha 1

The signings are going to be underwhelming. I doubt we'll sign anyone who will overly excite you just by name.

The manager we've got and the current situation the club is in means that unfortunately.

But I wouldn't write them off, they'll come in and do what Warnock wants. I'd rather have a striker come with a good attitude, wants to be here and plays for the team rather then a greedy one who smiles every time he misses a chance.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, xathras said:

Again to my comment yesterday. How many expected Watmore to come here and in half a season dispatch 9 goals. 

Give the lad a chance before we write off.

It's a cheap signing,  cheap wages and he is young

hes not young lol

3 minutes ago, xathras said:

Again to my comment yesterday. How many expected Watmore to come here and in half a season dispatch 9 goals. 

Give the lad a chance before we write off.

It's a cheap signing,  cheap wages and he is young

I don't really get this. The only question about Watmore was his fitness, not his quality. There were other Premier League clubs who wouldn't have minded Watmore when he was fit, it's just he went through a really tough time with injuries and not many people were willing to give him a chance.

A more suitable comparison would be to Akpom, another striker who Warnock wanted at the time he signed him. How well did he do? Were the doubters wrong there? You don't just get to pull out one shining light amongst the darkness and go on about it like the sun's shining on the Riverside.

Having said that, yes, I do think we have to give him a chance. There's really little point in doing anything but giving him a chance. Any proper Boro fan will want the lad to succeed no matter their concerns. That doesn't mean people can't express their concerns, though. It's not like we're signing a proven goal-scorer, we're signing someone who's scored 6 league goals at this level last year with 3 assists, following 2 years in the Scottish Prem where he didn't even manage 6 goals across 9 more games. He's only ever got to double figures in one season at League Two level. In the simplest of terms, he doesn't impress. That's not to say his all-round game won't be beneficial to us but we have to wait and see on that front.

• Like 2

Just to say something positive about the lad. Gazette article said he struggled with injuries and form in first half of season and got his first goal v us on New Years day. He then went on to score a further 5 goals and get 4 assists in 23 games. That seems decent from him.

Albeit i accept its over a 5 month period which not a lot to judge him on

17 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Be scrapping at mid table if we are lucky so i supposed we should get used to donkey signings like this now

The lad hasn't even signed, give him a chance for fook sake

Edited by scotty189

Again I'd still say Akpom's a better player than these 2 donkeys and thats after a season of irregular game time for a manager that doesn't believe in him 

But sadly he's probably been written off by half the people telling us to blindly support the Ikpeazu signing

God this site is depressing these days. Give the bloody lad a chance peeps. We are a small town in Yorkshire with a local benefactor, not a premiership super club with a sheik pumping in billions.

Let’s see where we are at the start of the season 

• Like 7
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""