oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

19 minutes ago, p_mards said:

My take on the Payero is that there's clearly some foundation to it and Warnock is feeling fairly optimistic about our chances of signing him. If there was nothing close then Warnock would not have answered how he did; he'd have just said there was absolutely nothing in it. The Argentinian links seem confident that a transfer fee has been agreed, and after Warnock's interview, I heard nothing to suggest that this was inaccurate - he was more focused on the fee not being anywhere near the reported level of £5.9 million (including all clauses). It wouldn't surprise me if he's on a plane over here ahead of having a medical and signing.

I agree with this. If it was in the balance he would not have reacted this way. If it’s rubbish he would have said it’s rubbish. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I definitely hope we sign Payero rather than Michael Smith. Michael Smith is such a common name and Payero is exotic. Even though Smith scored more goals last season than any of our players. Payero just sounds really good. Although I’m joking I’m actually not - I really hope we sign him even though I’m 52 and I’ve seen it all before.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I definitely hope we sign Payero rather than Michael Smith. Michael Smith is such a common name and Payero is exotic. Even though Smith scored more goals last season than any of our players. Payero just sounds really good. Although I’m joking I’m actually not - I really hope we sign him even though I’m 52 and I’ve seen it all before.

What?

5 minutes ago, macapes said:

What?

I hope we sign the Argie boy rather than Smith. Because even though I’m getting on a bit I’m still a sucker for a foreign signing even though I’ve never heard of him. If you need further explanation DM me 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I hope we sign the Argie boy rather than Smith. Because even though I’m getting on a bit I’m still a sucker for a foreign signing even though I’ve never heard of him. If you need further explanation DM me 👍🏻

I'd be surprised if it's not both, Payero is a midfielder.

• Wow 1

Hopefully @diggerlad07or @Lurker can find something out about Payero. There has to be some truth in it surely?

Too many media outlets have reported it and Warnock didn't shut it down. Just laughed it off and said we wouldn't be paying 5.8m for anyone. He didn't want to give anything away.

With Saville gone is Mpanzu or someone else lined up to replace him.

40 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Not exactly clear what Smith has to do with Payero, really.  Don't think one is in anyway related to the other. 

Today's signing of Ikpeazu might have pushed Smith down the list though. 

I'm not excited by Martin Payero in the slightest..

The last Martin we signed was Cranie (previously Braithwaite) and the last South American was De Pena.. no thanks

• Like 1

Is the Bolasie deal dead then?

I'm getting greedy now but I want to see..

Keeper

BigDjik Fry  McNair Bola 

Morsy Mpanzu 

Payero 

Tav                           Bolasie 

Ikpeazu

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Keeper

BigDjik Fry  McNair Bola 

Morsy Mpanzu 

Payero 

Ikpeazu

We have a keeper…

6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Keeper

BigDjik Fry  McNair Bola 

Morsy Mpanzu 

Payero 

Ikpeazu

Last season's top scorer doesn't get in the side!

Just out of interest, who would be scoring the goals in that side?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Last season's top scorer doesn't get in the side!

Just out of interest, who would be scoring the goals in that side?

Who knows. 

Bolasie over the course of a season should be good for double figures. Tav should be kicking on to those sort of figures aswell. The other 2 are mahoosive gambles but I expect Ikpeazu to get at least 30 and Payero to score at least 12 free kicks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""