oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We asked Juninho for some South American player recommendations, he came back to us with Payero.

From what I can gather it's all done bar the medical and actually putting pen to paper.

Do you know if he'll be doing the medical in Argentina and signing before flying to Tokyo?

Or are we going to have an agonising wait until after the Olympics?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Scrolling through lots of comments on Twitter from people who watch Argentinian football. Lots are saying Payero is a big coup for Boro as they were expecting him to go to a top tier club in Europe. Feels like we are making quite the statement of intent this summer if we can get this one done!

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’m expecting him to have a good olympics and we miss out on him to a team in la liga or seria a

Would be typical. 😂

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Is that ITK or just based on what has been reported?

Not ITK, just from stuff on Twitter. I do know for a fact though that Warnock was being coy about how far along the deal is when he was on BBC Tees.

50 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’m expecting him to have a good olympics and we miss out on him to a team in la liga or seria a

i bet he wants premier league. or he'd not be talked about coming here. its where the big wages are. play well in champo he'll get picked up by a prem team or be promoted into it.  into the big money league.

48 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Would be typical. 😂

1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Tbf I think we all expecting this, but hope he signs beforehand.  

I don't wish him any ill but I like this idea that Britt thinks we've been sat waiting for him to update us since May about whether he was gonna stay or not. It's usually what drives these kind of messages.

Still, nice of him to put it out there. I hope he does well in Turkey.

• Like 1

Had a few drinks but I'm reversing my decision to not spend any money on Boro till Warnock is gone if we sign an U23 Argentina international that no one has heard of for 5.8mil, and instead I'm going to buy everything they can possibly sell me.

Up the *** boro

• Haha 9
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, "KM" said:

Scrolling through lots of comments on Twitter from people who watch Argentinian football. Lots are saying Payero is a big coup for Boro as they were expecting him to go to a top tier club in Europe. Feels like we are making quite the statement of intent this summer if we can get this one done!

This is what I’m worried about, I just hope we get a couple of others in to complement him, otherwise it will all be for nothing. Even Maja and bolasie would do.

3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

This is why we must have the deal sorted before Olympics as he actually is giving me so much belive and hope for the season. 

Got to love the difference that signing a player who has some of the worst statistics in the league, and another, who was average at his best and is now 34, can do for the mood of this board. 

Let’s face it, we have signed 4 poor Championship players. 

And as much as I would love it to be true, I am nearly certain that this Payero thing is an agent leaking an interest from us to get a deal at a bigger club. I really can’t see him ending up here. 

And of the other players linked, they are all average, at best. 

I apologise for the pessimism but I just don’t get the positivity with the signings we have been made and the players linked. Payero and Maja aside (which I would say are both hugely unlikely) the rest of those linked are exactly the types of players I was worried Warnock would fill the squad with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""