• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Olympics still got 3 weeks before they even start. I see no logic in waiting until they conclusion on 8th August to complete the deal.

Should certainly be looking at him completing his medical and any paperwork that remains before then if reports are true that most of deal is complete

I do think we need him to play a game at Olympics to get the points required for work visa. He needs wrapping up in cotton wool as if he gets injury in training we would be screwed 

I'm desperate for transfer news so did some digging on Argentinian newspapers 😁. Nothing massively new -

https://www.ambito.com/deportes/banfield/vendio-martin-payero-us8-millones-al-futbol-ingles-n5212840

I did a google translate on the article, mostly nothing we haven't heard about him coming. However, the quote translated says this -

"The officialization will take place in the next few days, when all the documentation is signed, and Payero will join his new club when he returns from the Tokyo Olympic Games, where he will be part of the Argentine team," a spokesman for the 'Drill' told Télam .

Basically says he will sign in next few days, then obviously join up with us after Olympics. 'Drill' is a nickname for Banfield. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Got to love the difference that signing a player who has some of the worst statistics in the league, and another, who was average at his best and is now 34, can do for the mood of this board. 

Let’s face it, we have signed 4 poor Championship players. 

And as much as I would love it to be true, I am nearly certain that this Payero thing is an agent leaking an interest from us to get a deal at a bigger club. I really can’t see him ending up here. 

And of the other players linked, they are all average, at best. 

I apologise for the pessimism but I just don’t get the positivity with the signings we have been made and the players linked. Payero and Maja aside (which I would say are both hugely unlikely) the rest of those linked are exactly the types of players I was worried Warnock would fill the squad with. 

Pessimist of the year 2021 has an early front runner

• Like 1

I find it more amusing that fans are complaining about who we sign yet were linked to an Argentinian who no one had ever heard of before and suddenly we must sign him and everyone’s so excited!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, TheHolgate said:

The officialization will take place in the next few days, when all the documentation is signed, and Payero will join his new club when he returns from the Tokyo Olympic Games, where he will be part of the Argentine team," a spokesman for the 'Drill' told Télam

So it's the club talking to the paper, not just an agent. Encouraging!

12 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So it's the club talking to the paper, not just an agent. Encouraging!

The club and a few of their players have already publicly said Payero is leaving, if you search Twitter and use Google translate.

He's definitely coming here.

• Like 2

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this sounds like River Plate wanted Payero but couldn’t come up with the funds unless they sold someone. Pretty much all of the publications I’ve read have said it’s a done deal to us. Also note in that piece, he’s been described as the outstanding player in the past two tournaments 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, TheHolgate said:

I'm desperate for transfer news so did some digging on Argentinian newspapers 😁. Nothing massively new -

https://www.ambito.com/deportes/banfield/vendio-martin-payero-us8-millones-al-futbol-ingles-n5212840

I did a google translate on the article, mostly nothing we haven't heard about him coming. However, the quote translated says this -

"The officialization will take place in the next few days, when all the documentation is signed, and Payero will join his new club when he returns from the Tokyo Olympic Games, where he will be part of the Argentine team," a spokesman for the 'Drill' told Télam .

Basically says he will sign in next few days, then obviously join up with us after Olympics. 'Drill' is a nickname for Banfield. 

Could be September before he joins up with us depending on how Argentina do and if he signs for us

2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

I find it more amusing that fans are complaining about who we sign yet were linked to an Argentinian who no one had ever heard of before and suddenly we must sign him and everyone’s so excited!! 😂

For me personally its what it shows about our direction rather than the player himself. Amongst all of these championship/league 1 links, this is one that shows we are thinking outside the box somewhat at least. It just gives me more hope for the future.

• Like 9
27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

For me personally its what it shows about our direction rather than the player himself. Amongst all of these championship/league 1 links, this is one that shows we are thinking outside the box somewhat at least. It just gives me more hope for the future.

I think many of us have mentioned how good it would be to have some sort of latino influence within the squad certainly the likes of Brentford have often had that type within their ranks and mae them visually exciting when attaking

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Yea I see what your saying. It’s more no one knows if he’s any good (seems like he is when you read up but doesn’t guarantee he will adapt to the league or life abroad) yet people are going crazy saying we MUST sign him. Yet when it’s a league 1 striker no one knows much about its wtf are we doing

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""