oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah that does sound a bit weird.

arnt most of the flights to east asia via europe anyway. 

after a quick google, plenty of 1 stop flights to japan from uk airports 14 hr flight. would imagine same from spain.

argentina to japan will be some flight. 22hrs ish. 

so do half the trip via europe then head on from here breaks up the travel a bit. makes sense i guess.

Edited by Dynamo Kev
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Whats stopping us from going over there to sort the medical and finalising the agreement before someone else takes him off us?

I'm assuming that's the plan.

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

we can sign him subject to a work permit and  international clearance

We could but if he doesn't get those, that would be a massive blunder on our part. Not worth the risk.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

We could but if he doesn't get those, that would be a massive blunder on our part. Not worth the risk.

the transfer would be cancelled if he didn't, so wouldn't be an issue

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Going from his Instagram he is in Spain training camp with Argentina squad so he could pop over sign the deal 

Where does his insta say that? I just looked and his last pic is labelled Marbella, but it's from June 8th. Might well not be there anymore.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Going from his Instagram he is in Spain training camp with Argentina squad so he could pop over sign the deal 

The date on it was June the 8th.

20 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

the transfer would be cancelled if he didn't, so wouldn't be an issue

I don't think it would, unless the post-Brexit rules have changed this at all, you can absolutely sign players without work permits, they just can't play for you in any way unless they get one. Liverpool had an example of that a couple of years ago, they signed a Brazilian lad who didn't qualify for a work permit then sent him on loan to Finland in the mean-time. But they failed on re-application 2 years later. Eventually he's gone back to Brazil without having ever played for Liverpool, or ever getting the chance to.

If I'm wrong and it's the case that you can no longer sanction the swapping of a player's registration between two clubs without a work permit, I don't think there's anything we can really do to officially make the signing a definite thing without one. We may have some kind of legal protection within any contracts he's signed to ensure he can't back out until after the work permit application has gone through? I don't know how feasible that is. The only hope I think we have, from my limited knowledge, is that he is fully committed to coming here regardless of what happens at the Olympics.

I wonder what happens if he gets a massive injury there, though...

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Just send someone over to Japan with a pen and paper.

As soon as he makes an appearance, get him signed up, fax machines are still popular in Japan IIRC.

I've heard Keith Lamb is just a fax machine nowadays.

i really dont want to get a reputation on here for being a negative poster but im dubious about the whole situation with payero. how have we gone from lumps like smith, diedhou, ikpeazu, wyke etc to a argentinian wonderkid in our interest list?.  looking at it with very un-rose tinted specs id be inclined to think its a stunt to get the fan base positive about the clubs ambition, bearing in mind the dross names before hand. i,ll be delighted but massively suprised if it pans out smoothly, sorry but it just seems murky from our media team, even though theyve been very silent with thier statements on the matter.....as usual.  weirdly its not the first time i recall this sort of rumour being dangled either, regarding exciting possible signings that dont happen.  Now, about that re-structure at top level.........

4 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

i really dont want to get a reputation on here for being a negative poster but im dubious about the whole situation with payero. how have we gone from lumps like smith, diedhou, ikpeazu, wyke etc to a argentinian wonderkid in our interest list?.  looking at it with very un-rose tinted specs id be inclined to think its a stunt to get the fan base positive about the clubs ambition, bearing in mind the dross names before hand. i,ll be delighted but massively suprised if it pans out smoothly, sorry but it just seems murky from our media team, even though theyve been very silent with thier statements on the matter.....as usual.  weirdly its not the first time i recall this sort of rumour being dangled either, regarding exciting possible signings that dont happen.  Now, about that re-structure at top level.........

you think Middlesbrough had Argentinian press leak it?

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""