oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Sorry to slightly derail this thread but can someone explain to me Wyke to Wigan move? I thought Wigan were skint and they aim was to simply survive in league 1 and not fall further down the football league pyramid. Yet they gone and signed a fairly sought after striker? Has something changed at Wigan that i have missed? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry to slightly derail this thread but can someone explain to me Wyke to Wigan move? I thought Wigan were skint and they aim was to simply survive in league 1 and not fall further down the football league pyramid. Yet they gone and signed a fairly sought after striker? Has something changed at Wigan that i have missed? 

They have new owners, as far as I know.

He's a free signing too.

40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

not that i don't believe you @diggerlad07but it's always a little suspect when twitter accounts post stuff like that with no source. How do we know he didn't just get that from you originally haha.

Yes of course you could be correct but you would of thought  they would have released my information when I posted the information on the 26th and not wait for 3weeks later.

I obviously knew about south Americans from the screenshot I posted previously and lazaro's name was passed onto me.

Didn't have any inkling on the Payero deal so club is obviously scouting the area thoroughly. Good Avenue to go down imo and something I've wanted the club to do for a long while.

What's your take on it?

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 5
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Yes of course you could be correct but you would of thought it would they would have released my information when I posted the information on the 26th and not wait for 3weeks later.

I obviously knew about south Americans from the screenshot I posted previously and lazaro was passed onto me.

Didn't have any inkling on the Payero deal so club is obviously scouting the area thoroughly. Good Avenue to go down imo and something I've wanted the club to do for a long while.

What's your take on it?

My take on it is I think it's entirely plausible and I have no reason to doubt your info. We've clearly been scouting South America.

Bringing in a couple of South Americans would do wonders for my optimism, I'll tell you that much. Not only does it show we are looking beyond NW, but it is a good way of potentially making a tidy profit in a season or two if they do well. Which will be a change from our old "buy high, let go for free" model.

• Thanks 1

Lazaro is more of a gamble. Only has 101 first team minutes to his name and some youth caps for Brazil u16 and u17. Can't come with a big prize. Plays as attacking midfielder.

Just now, Borodane said:

Lazaro is more of a gamble. Only has 101 first team minutes to his name and some youth caps for Brazil u16 and u17. Can't come with a big prize. Plays as attacking midfielder.

2 million according to transfermarkt. Strange for someone who has played so little

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

2 million according to transfermarkt. Strange for someone who has played so little

Hes got a bit of hype around him and Flamengo are a massive club, so that might explain it.

4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I hope so, we should be looking in South America and Scandinavia.

Scandinavia is a little harder for WP reasons; the Argentine & Brazilian leagues are ranked far higher than any of the Scandinavian leagues, so you need to make up a lot more points in the other categories to qualify.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""