oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Scandinavia is a little harder for WP reasons; the Argentine & Brazilian leagues are ranked far higher than any of the Scandinavian leagues, so you need to make up a lot more points in the other categories to qualify.

This, the WP regulations seem to deliberately favour the South American leagues (particularly Argentina and Brazil as you say).

If we want promising young foreign players in the future, there's a really good chance we'll keep looking over there as their leagues provide a really good starting point for earning the points required for a WP, unlike some of the smaller European leagues like the Scandinavian leagues.

For example, a player who played every domestic minute for the Danish league champions would be on 10 points and would require some CL/Europa appearances or international appearances for a decent nation to push themselves over the 15 required.

Edited by Will
  • Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Was Flamengo the team Leo was assistant at before we bought him back?

EDIT: Nevermind, he was at Fluminense

Edited by Weasel
2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

That's right yeah. Leo must have spotted something he liked in the player and recommended him to our scouts/Warnock.

Oh no now I’m not excited. After all wasn’t  it Leo that recommended Carlos De Pena 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

IMG-20210707-WA0000.jpg

I will give you a slight insight of how my mind works, I see the name Lazaro, at that point 'Hello Dave, your my wife now Dave' pops into my head as I think about A League of gentlemen, which then links to Royston Vasey, which is Chubby Brown's real name and Chubby Brown is a Boro fan. Then I try to think of something funny or witty to post but as usual fail to find something along them lines, so I proceed to write a reply on here which turns out to be a written version of verbal diarrhoea. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
16 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Oh no now I’m not excited. After all wasn’t  it Leo that recommended Carlos De Pena 🤦‍♂️

Oops I was wrong, he was indeed at Fluminense 🙈

16 hours ago, boronutter said:

I wonder if the Boro are keeping tight lipped in case we can't get a work permit for him, but they've leaked it on their side?its a weird one isn't it.

Hopefully playing in the Olympics is enough to warrant one.

Edited by SmogInSheff
1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

I hope so, we should be looking in South America and Scandinavia.

We are, my brother n law is a freelance scout and has been asked to watch a few players in Norways league. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""