• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

An engine room of Mpanzu and Morsy would be solid.

If we do pull off Mpanzu and Payero it would make a change from last summer in that we actually got our first choice targets!

21 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

An engine room of Mpanzu and Morsy would be solid.

If we do pull off Mpanzu and Payero it would make a change from last summer in that we actually got our first choice targets!

If you listen the recent Boro Breakdown Podcast they break down Mpanzu's stats against our current midfielders and he's not an improvement according to them. I'm not saying I agree based on stats but to me Morsy is just as good if played in his natural position. But as @Brunners pointed out to me we could play two natural cdms. 4231. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

If you listen the recent Boro Breakdown Podcast they break down Mpanzu's stats against our current midfielders and he's not an improvement according to them. I'm not saying I agree based on stats but to me Morsy is just as good if played in his natural position. But as @Brunners pointed out to me we could play two natural cdms. 4231. 

The advantage to two natural CDMs is it would let you have someone like Bahamboula who maybe isn't very good off the ball on the pitch.

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The advantage to two natural CDMs is it would let you have someone like Bahamboula who maybe isn't very good off the ball on the pitch.

The disadvantage is that we forever ask why Karanka isn't playing Forshaw instead of Leadbitter/Clayton!

Wait...

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You need some good attacking full backs to justify playing two CDMs or it just gets way too defensive. Plus when we just hoof it we are missing bodies forward as two defensive midfielders will just get bypassed. We only need one defensive, a box to box and then someone with a bit of creativity. In front of those we can have Tav, Watmore and Ikpeazu. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You need some good attacking full backs to justify playing two CDMs or it just gets way too defensive. Plus when we just hoof it we are missing bodies forward as two defensive midfielders will just get bypassed. We only need one defensive, a box to box and then someone with a bit of creativity. In front of those we can have Tav, Watmore and Ikpeazu. 

yep also a fair argument mate, completely agree, was just trying to point out potential positives.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

If the rumours are true regarding incomings then our midfield sqaud without outgoings would be

Mpanzu, Wing, Howson, Morsy, Payero, Malley, Hackney, Tav Potentially 

A good mixture 

Think Wing will leave and Hackney will go out on loan.

It's probably Howson's last season with us too.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

If the rumours are true regarding incomings then our midfield sqaud without outgoings would be

Mpanzu, Wing, Howson, Morsy, Payero, Malley, Hackney, Tav Potentially 

A good mixture 

McNair will move back into mid imo

I'm still not convinced McNair will move back into midfield. Not only are we seemingly looking at signing quite a few midfielders but Warnock has consistently said centre-back is his best position and only really put him in to midfield when it started to become a necessity.

• Like 1

I think Fry and Hall will start as the CB pairing. Peltier as sub ...  

McNair in midfield ...

Question: 

Has anyone seen Malik Dijksteel play? 

Could he have his unofficial senior debut during this coming preseason?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""