oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

13 minutes ago, Will said:

The gazette article certainly seemed to suggest he had already had his medical.

Wonder if it's the work permit holding things up then? I read an article the other day that said Olympic games don't count towards a work permit if the player is over 21, however we can claim special circumstances regarding him being a potential star who could be playing in the Premier League within a few years. Also his appearances for Banfield's first team should help a lot.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

He’s got enough points for a work permit already shouldn’t be an issue. I’m guessing it’s a medical he’s waiting on

You sure about that? I haven’t seen that anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Need 15 points banfield tier 3 club 8 points then played 90% of minutes another 8 points 

Plus it said there's an appeal process in place this summer if they fall a few points short. I reckon we'll be okay on that front. 

9 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Need 15 points banfield tier 3 club 8 points then played 90% of minutes another 8 points 

I don't think he's played 90% of minutes for Banfield.

3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I think he played every game bar one that he was suspended for did he not?

Over the last 12 months he has played in or been eligible and fit to play in 27 matches, a total of 2430 minutes. He has played 1885 minutes across all domestic competitions, around 77%.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Argentina has a daft league system, that's for sure.

it was more complicated this year too because they cancelled the league and replaced it with a cup.

The Covid situation is going to make it more complex, the league was suspended for a large proportion of the last 12 months.

But I'm sure the club will have put more effort in to it than my googling on the sofa.

20 minutes ago, Will said:

Over the last 12 months he has played in or been eligible and fit to play in 27 matches, a total of 2430 minutes. He has played 1885 minutes across all domestic competitions, around 77%.

Is it 90% of minutes or made an appearance in 90% of the matches though? I think minutes would be ridiculously harsh - I doubt there are many outfield players who have completed 90% of the minutes in any league, what with injuries, suspension, needing rests, being substituted etc. 

• Like 2

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-confident-martin-payero-succeed-21040247

this was posted before but in case you missed it.

There are various things that players earn points for. They are:-

Number of international appearances

Number of domestic minutes

Number of continental minutes

Final league position of their last club  second in the Maradona Cup

Continental progression of their last club

League quality of their last club

The current criteria is only in place for this summer's transfer window and an updated application process will be announced by the FA following the current window.

But this window could give Boro an advantage of securing the GBE for Payero, with an Exceptions Panel in place for this summer only, considering applicants who might just miss out on reaching 15 points, with particular consideration on young players like Payero who are considered to 'show significant potential and are of sufficient quality to enhance development of the game in England'.

Scoring 10-14 points would enable Boro to refer the application to the Exceptions Panel if it was needed.

Edited by estonpidge
  • Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""