oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

46 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well that all depends doesn't it? If him being here takes up the wages of someone who could be here and play 30 games in the season then it's a bad move. 

That said, I really don't expect we'd offer him anything significant in wages. Anything above 2-3k per week would be too much imo. 

Yeah obviously, if its that tight wages wise

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

“He’s done alright Dylan," said Warnock after the game.

"I said to Curle I’ll have a look at him and give him my opinion. I’ll be speaking to him in the next couple of days."

Asked whether he could be having a conversation with Bahamboula or if he would play another game, Warnock added: “You’ll just have to wait and see won’t you?"

Some positive sounding quotes from Warnock on Bahamboula.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Only 3k a week ... 

I wouldn't mind 12k a month ... 

Crazy, that's a very low wage in the champo

It's not that crazy tbf, it's an extremely highly watched league that draws in big money. Only fair that the players who do that get rewarded for doing so.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

It's not that crazy tbf, it's an extremely highly watched league that draws in big money. Only fair that the players who do that get rewarded for doing so.

Yes yes .. but compared to a normal person's salary .. it's crazy, that the lowest wages are that much above 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

it is crazy because all the clubs in the league are basically spending their whole incomings trying to cover the wage bill. many bending rules to do it. players wages are way to high in every league.

probably because the super rich clubs pay daft money to get what they want which inflates down the pyramid. add in the idiotic chairmen who over spend like at pompey, leeds, sheff wed, derby, cardiff, half the prem and load of other league clubs. its insanity. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

it is crazy because all the clubs in the league are basically spending their whole incomings trying to cover the wage bill. many bending rules to do it. players wages are way to high in every league.

probably because the super rich clubs pay daft money to get what they want which inflates down the pyramid. add in the idiotic chairmen who over spend like at pompey, leeds, sheff wed, derby, cardiff, half the prem and load of other league clubs. its insanity. 

you can basically blame the premier league. 

Championship clubs have to spend a lot to remain competitive and try to get into the premier league.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Clubs are poorly run.

I do find it an odd difference between the US and UK that when big sports stars get paid big money over there there isn't this pearl clutching disgust that they earn a lot of money, instead they congratulate them for making their money and accept that they are the attraction and therefore deserve their share of the pie.

36 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Only 3k a week ... 

I wouldn't mind 12k a month ... 

Crazy, that's a very low wage in the champo

the average wage is just over 4k a week in the championship, which is much lower than id have guessed!

https://thepfsa.co.uk/football-wages-how-much-do-footballers-get-paid/#:~:text=The average wage of a,around £200%2C000 a year.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Will said:

Clubs are poorly run.

I do find it an odd difference between the US and UK that when big sports stars get paid big money over there there isn't this pearl clutching disgust that they earn a lot of money, instead they congratulate them for making their money and accept that they are the attraction and therefore deserve their share of the pie.

Although in the US sports stars contracts can be ripped up at any time if they suffer a long term injury or aren't performing, you don't end up with a Rudy Gestede situation in American sports which means fans don't get as resentful.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

the average wage is just over 4k a week in the championship, which is much lower than id have guessed!

https://thepfsa.co.uk/football-wages-how-much-do-footballers-get-paid/#:~:text=The average wage of a,around £200%2C000 a year.

That'll factor in all those players on their first professional contract on a few hundred quid a week though won't it? That'll distort the average pretty considerably. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Although in the US sports stars contracts can be ripped up at any time if they suffer a long term injury or aren't performing, you don't end up with a Rudy Gestede situation in American sports which means fans don't get as resentful.

Depends on the individuals contract to be fair, but yeah some players can just be cut for little to no cost.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""