• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Definitely need wingers. Lost kebano, bolasie and Johnson and have only signed ameobi. 

Even if we consider Tav a winger, which I'm not sure we do, were relying on watmore (I think he's better central with a striker) coulson and Spence doing a job there as things stand. 

yeah i meant wingers in the mids, im old school just classyfying them all the same lol

• Haha 1

from Curle

"“Dylan was invited to go up to Middlesbrough and they looked after him superbly well and made him very welcome which is a sign of an excellent football club. Dylan gave a very good account of himself but they just felt where they’re at now and how they want to get promoted, he wouldn't get the right amount of game time for his development and career."

• Like 3

“Dylan was invited to go up to Middlesbrough and they looked after him superbly well and made him very welcome which is a sign of an excellent football club. Dylan gave a very good account of himself but they just felt where they’re at now and how they want to get promoted, he wouldn't get the right amount of game time for his development and career.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

No Bahamboula 😞

He obviously didn't look great in training and I wouldn't read much into a game against a semi professional team.

Its no great loss. 

• Like 1
Just now, Mr_Maz said:

from Curle

"“Dylan was invited to go up to Middlesbrough and they looked after him superbly well and made him very welcome which is a sign of an excellent football club. Dylan gave a very good account of himself but they just felt where they’re at now and how they want to get promoted, he wouldn't get the right amount of game time for his development and career."

sounds like NW considered him as a backup, and for that role, we may prefer a youngster or a loan. 

Which probably means we are still in the market for an AM/Winger

30 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He was good at right back when he first came into the team. Then he started getting shifted to a different position every week, mostly as a winger which he's never looked comfortable in and he lost momentum and looked confused as to what he was meant to be doing - understandably for a kid.

I think he's going to go on to have a good career, just hope it's with us. 

He came into the team as a wingback. He's never been comfortable as a full back.

17 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

we must have other wingers in the pipe line who are better as we do need like 2 new wingers. Am surprised though as at 150k he seemed a bargain 

£150k for a player who isn't that good isn't a bargain, it's just wasting £150k.  We're clearly looking for better.

I wonder if there was an element of looking at alternative options in case something went wrong with Payero, or that there was interest in Tavernier which has since gone away.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

£150k for a player who isn't that good isn't a bargain, it's just wasting £150k.  We're clearly looking for better.

eye, a player costing 150k and then 4k wages per week to sit on the bench. bad business isnt it. its why we got into this mess signing lads to not play them(multi million pound deals in recent past). utterly pointless and rightly so warnock is trying to change it. let the kids be back ups. we are running a tight ship, look after the pennies.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wonder if there was an element of looking at alternative options in case something went wrong with Payero, or that there was interest in Tavernier which has since gone away.

I think that's looking too much into it.  I thought Keith Curle recommended him to us?  'Neil, I've got this player here, I think he can make the step up to Championship level, we'd be looking for about X amount.  Why don't you take him on trial for week and have a closer look'.  We did that but he hasn't impressed enough so we're not taking it further.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""