• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@Raf smog do you still have any info? One of the O.G.'S 

Haven’t posted much as I got the person in trouble with the club.  

but Brazilian lad is in talks still With the club all about agreeing fee but he’s definitely interested. 

Spence looks Like he is on his way out a fair bit of interest him but fee could sort our summer transfers out. 

2 offers turned down for fry and he’s told club he won’t leave! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
Just now, Raf smog said:

but Brazilian lad is in talks still With the club all about agreeing fee but he’s definitely interested. 

Spence looks Like he is on his way out a fair bit of interest him but fee could sort our summer transfers out. 

Careful, I reported the Spence stuff a few weeks back. An apparent ITK then tried to incorrectly set me up. 

Thanks for the info.

8 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Thanks Raf appricate it. Is the Brazilian lad the striker? 

16 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Both from Dyche. One was £7.8m and the other £8m?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Both from Dyche. One was £7.8m and the other £8m?

So Nathan Collins is worth £12m and Fry is worth two thirds of that? Righto, Dychey.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

If we are still trying for the Brazilian striker Muniz it would be a major coup like

I think it's more likely to be the other forward from Flamengo, Lazaro.

36 minutes ago, CWC said:

So when can we expect the Mpanzu, Payero and Muniz triple announcement then?

Imagine that. That would really get a bit of a buzz about the place with the fans. Two South Americans!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Could easily be read as Steve Gibson is more willing to spend the money on a foreign gamble, rather than Gibson is forcing this player on to Warnock.

Warnock has spoken to the player on the phone, so it definitely doesn't sound like it's been sprang on him.

It would amount to the same thing - Gibson driving transfers.  If you say there is X amount to do your shopping in one supermarket but more available to shop in a different one then where are you more likely to want to do your shopping?  It's what Gibson did with Downing, with Rhodes, probably with a few other players we're not even aware of in that context. To me it's obvious that it goes on here, it's just a question of whether you view it as a bad thing or not.

15 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I was responding to someone questioning why a player might need time to adapt from a South American League to a completely different style of football in the English league. It was a factual statement, not a negative. 

Oh! my bad then. Should have read the thread properly. Sorry about that.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Blanco said:

I haven’t declared it a success at all. I merely pointed out that if we only look to the domestic market Gibson is vilified. Now when we spread our wings to South America he is also vilified. He can’t win 🤷‍♂️

Hardly getting ‘vilified’ is he...

I think most people will just be a bit apprehensive based on past splurges by the club, specially on players where the championship maybe a big culture shock.

Im over the moon we are straight in there after the permit relaxations, it’s a really positive/progressive move by the club, something I and most others have cried out for. If we get 2 or 3 of them in I’ll be absolutely buzzing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad that we are looking further afield for talent, we need to not only be thinking about this season but the next two or three also. We know Warnocks not going to be managing us next year, so I'm not too worried that he may not necessarily want these south Americans. Just along as the next encumbant doesn't just use them just to raise more funds for his own targets. 

Although I guess that's what they are being brought in for in a roundabout way, buy low sell high, we can't expect them to stay around here for the rest of their career.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Hardly getting ‘vilified’ is he...

I think most people will just be a bit apprehensive based on past splurges by the club, specially on players where the championship maybe a big culture shock.

Im over the moon we are straight in there after the permit relaxations, it’s a really positive/progressive move by the club, something I and most others have cried out for. If we get 2 or 3 of them in I’ll be absolutely buzzing.

I wouldn't say most, most are pretty excited at any signing who is rated by their fans/journos and comes with some intrigue but I absolutely get the apprehension

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""