• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Could we sign someone please ... I have cravings ... Either that or just bored

I'm hoping we get another one of them 3am tweets from some South American journalist saying the boro have agreed a deal for an outstanding prospect this week! 

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think it does amount to the same thing though.

If Gibson was willing to spend £2m on a foreign gem, but only willing to spend £1m on a lower league player, that doesn't meant Gibson is forcing players on a manager.

It just means he's more willing to spend on certain players.

Every single owner at every single club is driving transfers to that extent.

If Warnock didn't want Payero, I'm sure we wouldn't sign him.

I'd sooner spend more on a steak than a pizza, it doesn't mean I'm forcing my partner to get steak.

Your relationship with your partner is completely different to Gibson's with Warnock.  That is an employer/employee relationship, I'm assuming that yours isn't? 😯😉

I don't think forcing is the right word to use anyway, and I don't believe that I used it.  I said it was Gibson driving a transfer, the word I should have used is influencing.  If you are prepared to spend more on one set of players than on another set of players, you are trying to incentivise the manager choosing players from the group that you prefer.  'It just means he's more willing to spend on certain players' - yeah, the players he would prefer that we sign.  That's the point I'm making.  We've seen it before so it seems odd that people are pushing back on the idea that he/we would do this?  We know we've done it recently, why wouldn't we do it again?

4 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Ameobi not travelled with the team or have i missed something? Injury worse than expected?

Nm just read hes had to isolate for COVID

The way that things are going there is gonna be a lot of that happening over the next couple of months.  Games getting postponed left, right, and centre.

• Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The way that things are going there is gonna be a lot of that happening over the next couple of months.  Games getting postponed left, right, and centre.

It will be interesting to see what the powers that be do. Especially regarding GK’s. One positive test could place 4 keepers and coach(es) in isolation. 

that could have an impact on 3 games if they do the full 10 days.

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Just had it pointed out that Spence doesn't appear to be on the trip to Cornwall, he doesn't seem to be in the team pic by the plane, unless he's hiding behind someone else.

I don't think anyone actually wants him and the club are just desperately touting him about.

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's always going to be conjecture, we're not working with the man. Why would you expect the average fan to deliver a view, positive or negative, on Gibson without conjecture?

Not people to make their own conclusions or hear something from an anonymous source then state as fact

Deliver a view using facts, it's not hard

48 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Not people to make their own conclusions or hear something from an anonymous source then state as fact

Deliver a view using facts, it's not hard

Maybe go through a Boro article in the Evening Gazette or MFC and, since it's apparently so abundantly clear, establish what is a fact and what is an opinion. Then you might realise quite how naive this opinion is.

By your logic, lets look at what the Boro club sources tell us as fact when Woodgate was appointed as our manager: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonathan-woodgate-outstanding-candidate-middlesbrough-16428672

The notable lines are (try not to laugh):

“Jonathan’s vision is very much aligned to our own for the club as we look to develop a new identity.”

“There was huge interest in the coaching positions following the departure of Tony Pulis and in a robust process the club spoke with a number of potential candidates both in the UK and abroad."

"The club did talk to other coaches, including Slavisa Jokanovic, before settling on Woodgate."

"It was during this procedure that it became clear that Jonathan was the outstanding candidate to head up the new structure, and his staff bring a wealth of experience and knowledge."

So, apparently, these are facts and anything not from these sources is unsubstantiated and therefore mere opinion that shouldn't have any authority... Or maybe, just maybe, *drum roll* the club tells us a big load of porkies! 🐷

Edited by p_mards
8 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Maybe go through a Boro article in the Evening Gazette or MFC and, since it's apparently so abundantly clear, establish what is a fact and what is an opinion. Then you might realise quite how naive your opinion is.

By your logic, lets look at what the Boro club sources tell us as fact when Woodgate was appointed as our manager: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonathan-woodgate-outstanding-candidate-middlesbrough-16428672

The notable lines are (try not to laugh):

“Jonathan’s vision is very much aligned to our own for the club as we look to develop a new identity.”

“There was huge interest in the coaching positions following the departure of Tony Pulis and in a robust process the club spoke with a number of potential candidates both in the UK and abroad."

"The club did talk to other coaches, including Slavisa Jokanovic, before settling on Woodgate."

"It was during this procedure that it became clear that Jonathan was the outstanding candidate to head up the new structure, and his staff bring a wealth of experience and knowledge."

So, apparently, these are facts and anything not from these sources is unsubstantiated and therefore mere opinion that shouldn't have any authority... Or maybe, just maybe, *drum roll* the club tells us a big load of porkies! 🐷

And where exactly did I say any of that was facts? I simply don't believe all the conspiracies floated on here, it doesn't mean I buy everything on the gazette or what the club site says. They're a business, they try to set their own narrative, it's common sense to assume they will say what suits them but equally doesn't mean I'll blindly buy the ridiculous narratives set by some about Gibson and the club too. I take it all with a pinch of salt but doesn't mean I am just going to make stuff up

Honestly that sounded like a conspiracy theorist YouTube talk

Sorry if am repeating this as not looked back through the posts but I see Steve Bruce has confirmed Andy Carroll is leaving Newcastle.

Would anyone take him here on a sensible basic wage with a top up for every appearance? 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""