oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Anyone fill me in on Matt Crooks please?

What is his natural position? Who is he similar to in this league?

I had him down as an unorthodox type no.10 but my limited internet search has him down as a defensive midfielder.

Thanks in advance.

He's a big, physical player that can play as a CM, a 10 or up top - IIRC he played about a 3rd of his games in each position last year. He was a real handful when we played vs them - and then in the 2nd game got sent off for the very soft elbow.

He would be a player NW can move throughout the line up, should be able to chip in with probs 10+ goals/assists in a good year.

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, TLF10 said:

Anyone fill me in on Matt Crooks please?

What is his natural position? Who is he similar to in this league?

I had him down as an unorthodox type no.10 but my limited internet search has him down as a defensive midfielder.

Thanks in advance.

He's a tall central midfielder, and that's really all you need to know because it's the only reason we are signing him.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's a big, physical player that can play as a CM, a 10 or up top - IIRC he played about a 3rd of his games in each position last year. He was a real handful when we played vs them - and then in the 2nd game got sent off for the very soft elbow.

He would be a player NW can move throughout the line up, should be able to chip in with probs 10+ goals/assists in a good year.

Just now, Changing Times said:

He's a tall central midfielder, and that's really all you need to know because it's the only reason we are signing him.

Ah, the duality of man.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well it's certainly not about passing the ball and that.

That would employ that the midfielders actually touches the ball and not just looks at it while it sails over them. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Thanks @Brunners and @Changing Times

A midfield 3 of one of Howson/Morsy sitting and Crooks and Payero slightly ahead of them possibly beckons. 

The scenes when Payero and the Brazilians don't materialize and our summer business consists of below average championship sloggers. 

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

The scenes when Payero and the Brazilians don't materialize and our summer business consists of below average championship sloggers. 

People do realise that Payero plays midfield like McNair does?  He isn't a sublime number 10, dicky-dancing his way into our hearts like the little fella.  He's about perspiration rather than inspiration, at least according to that wyscout thing (I assume they are accurate otherwise it would be pretty useless).

Just now, Donnyboro said:

Strange how the gazette or echo aren’t running the crooks story yet

Maybe it's not true?  None of the ITK types on here managed to mention it, despite all posting over the last few days.  Mind, they also didn't get Paterson either.  They have been pretty spot on telling us things that aren't happening though 🤺

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe it's not true?  None of the ITK types on here managed to mention it, despite all posting over the last few days.  Mind, they also didn't get Paterson either.  They have been pretty spot on telling us things that aren't happening though 🤺

I think Warnocks direct connections/links with players, managers and agents, are outside the scope of the ITKs. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe it’s not true. I love the ITK info like everyone does but my personal opinion is that info has been kept very quiet this summer, don’t think anyone mentioned uche and peltier deals.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""