• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Gazette reporting this too, looks like it's a done deal

Agent Browne not too good at being an agent by all accounts 

• Haha 1

To be honest if he doesn't want to come we don't need him as Warnock wants players who see boro as a massive opportunity to elevate their career. This guy has accepted an easy life staying in Luton doesn't have the ambition to try be a premiership footballer that's his choice we can't force it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Karanka did accept it, on multiple occasions.  Does someone really need to provide you with a paper trail to prove that Karanka didn't want Downing or didn't want Rhodes?  Just out of interest, how do you think they would they go about just not accepting it?  What would they do exactly?

Where did he accept it? And yeah to be honest, I'd just like one viable quote because honestly I think it would have been pretty well publicised if Karanka came out and said Gibson made signings without his say.

It's mad how it's just accepted as fact within this little echo chamber of negativity that is this forum, properly strange

7 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Where did he accept it? And yeah to be honest, I'd just like one viable quote because honestly I think it would have been pretty well publicised if Karanka came out and said Gibson made signings without his say.

It's mad how it's just accepted as fact within this little echo chamber of negativity that is this forum, properly strange

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14255425.aitor-karanka-blackburn-rovers-striker-jordan-rhodes-unexpected-gift/

That to me suggests it wasn't Karanka pushing for Rhodes, especially as we loaned him out less than a year later after paying 10 million

Seem to remember Karanka raving over McCormack and Grabban not Rhodes

10 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

There have been viable quotes but you are disregarding them. If you are looking for a quote where a manager says I didn't want him then you'll probably looking for a while as managers aren't likely to come out and say it as bluntly as that.  What they will do is make it clear that the transfer was someone else's idea.  But I'm sure if you look you'll find quotes that suggest that Karanka was less than impressed when we signed Gestede and Bamford in that transfer window.  I think I've put a few of them up here in the past.  It's mad how some people are completely unable or unwilling to read between the lines when it suits them.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LBP said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14255425.aitor-karanka-blackburn-rovers-striker-jordan-rhodes-unexpected-gift/

That to me suggests it wasn't Karanka pushing for Rhodes, especially as we loaned him out less than a year later after paying 10 million

Yep, one of a few.

1 hour ago, Donnyboro said:

Maybe it’s not true. I love the ITK info like everyone does but my personal opinion is that info has been kept very quiet this summer, don’t think anyone mentioned uche and peltier deals.

Very quiet 👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LBP said:

Copied and pasted this from the article:

Karanka, who had a summer bid for Rhodes turned down, said: “When we tried in August and at the end we couldn’t bring him here, we started to work with the new players.

“At the beginning of January he wasn’t on the list as I didn’t want to spend that amount of money when I needed different positions – a midfielder, a defender, and when Diego (Fabbrini) left I needed a number 10. For that reason he wasn’t on the list but at the end, when every player I had asked for arrived, we tried again and we were right.

“I don’t always want to speak about Steve as I can’t say any more good things about him. When you’re not expecting anything more he arrives with Jordan Rhodes.

Sounds to me like Karanka was fully on board with going for Rhodes in the summer, but just wasn't expecting it to still be happening in Jan

• Like 2

The club signed Rudy Gestede from second-tier Aston Villa and Patrick Bamford from Chelsea this month, but neither forward has played much this season.

"We need to improve the team, and the club knew a month and a half ago the players that I wanted," the Spaniard told British media.

"I always said the aim in the transfer window was to improve the squad. At the moment, we haven't done that. We will be disappointed if nobody else comes in, but I have tried my best.

DOWNING ON… Signing for Karanka

“As soon as I walked through the door, it didn’t feel right. I just didn’t feel welcome.

“I remember going on that first Marbella pre-season trip and saying to my Dad ‘It’s not right but I have already signed.’

“He said: ‘It’s too late. Five years!’ I had to get my head down.

“I don’t know if it was a problem me being around. The manager has obviously given the go-ahead to sign me but the chairman obviously wanted me to come back.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There have been viable quotes but you are disregarding them. If you are looking for a quote where a manager says I didn't want him then you'll probably looking for a while as managers aren't likely to come out and say it as bluntly as that.  What they will do is make it clear that the transfer was someone else's idea.  But I'm sure if you look you'll find quotes that suggest that Karanka was less than impressed when we signed Gestede and Bamford in that transfer window.  I think I've put a few of them up here in the past.  It's mad how some people are completely unable or unwilling to read between the lines when it suits them.  

Oh so less than impressed means he didn't sign them and Gibson just decided? Righto

Karanka wasn't happy with that window because he didn't get the players he wanted and it ended up with the bottom of the list and lots of strange quotes blaming everyone but himself

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""