oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

40 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

That's the politics that put us in this mess ... Saville, Fletcher ... You name it ... 

Over paid and bought way too expensive ...

I am glad we don't spray money like *** any more

FFS

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Humpty said:

FFS

Not sure what you find so wrong about that comment, Luton were willing to give him more than we were as we clearly have a budget depending on the player.

We liked the look of him but not willing to pay beyond the fees we set and fair enough, it's nice to be quite strict with things for a change unless they're players who can push us on massively

We can both be really interested whilst not willing to match what another club is willing to pay. We might have wanted him just as much as Luton did without wanting to pay what they did. Every club has their own valuations of players that they won't budge on and it's entirely plausible that regardless of how much we wanted Mpanzu, Luton were willing to pay him more than we were willing to.

What Humpty seems to be saying is it's a case of battling with financial muscle and in the case where both clubs have been trying to bring him in, if we really wanted him we would have paid more than they were willing to and I don't think that's the case at all. Luton might have been willing to stretch their budget for a player they know plenty about whilst even if we really wanted him, we could have said "This is our limit and we're not going beyond it".

I don't think Humpty is saying we should do that just to beat clubs out, more that the fact we didn't means we didn't really want him. Which I don't think is true.

• Like 1

Form an orderly queue, you bunch of miscreants. I was purely expressing my disappointment that this topic had been dug up following previous complaints. 

• Haha 3

Hasn’t Peltier filled in there during pre-season? I assume we’re happy with Peltier and Bola fighting it out for that spot. Glad he’s only going out on loan and not a permanent transfer. Still think there’s a player in there under the right circumstances.

• Like 3
Just now, Humpty said:

Hasn’t Peltier filled in there during pre-season? I assume we’re happy with Peltier and Bola fighting it out for that spot. Glad he’s only going out on loan and not a permanent transfer. Still think there’s a player in there under the right circumstances.

I assumed they'd brought Peltier in because of the Fischer injury, though I suppose he could cover both. Wouldn't be surprised to see another one come in regardless.

26 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40632/town-closing-in-on-coulson-loan

Coulson to Ipswich to be announced soon. 

Virtually every comment on that link thought he was a decent signing. Hopefully he will get games and come back when we have a manager who believes in him. Very glad its just a loan.

I think we will sign another left back as cover, but it will be low down the priority list. A Premier League loan towards the end of the window, possibly.

• Like 1

on a personal note ,i hope he does well there and moves forward in his career. on a professional note i think were well shot of him, hes basically a nothing player ,not savy enough as a defender, limited as n attacker and only seems capable of operating ten yards either side o the half way line , the only positive ive noticed about him is that he is always clear to recieve a pass, thats probably down to the opponents not being worried about what damage hes likely to do once he gets possession. he looks like he will fit in at ipswich, not on the footballing side but more on the landscape of the area. cue worzels song.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I think we will sign another left back as cover, but it will be low down the priority list. A Premier League loan towards the end of the window, possibly.

That's my preference but I'm guessing Hume isn't entirely off the cards at this stage. Just makes sense to me that we let Coulson go out and play and cover him with someone else temporarily. We don't need a new permanent left-back, we need someone to cover and challenge Bola whilst Coulson gets game time.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""