oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Matt crooks is a bizarre signing to me. Paying probably over 1 million for him it seems. Would he even be in the first 11? 

Well if last season is anything to go by, we won't really have a 'first 11' as such. For the bulk of the season, Betinelli, the back 4 and Howson were the only players guaranteed a start when fit. The other 5 players in the team were a little harder to pin down. 

Even if Crooks doesn't start the season in the side, he'll make 30+ appearances if he stays fit.

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd like us to get Crooks, a winger and another ST in by the time the season starts at Fulham in 18 days.

Crooks, 2 wingers and a striker, with payero to come ideal.

Crooks can play in various positions and, at 6 foot 3, could probably play as  9 or 10. He will probably be our Championship Harry Kane!

Edited by sambaDTR
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Ste Walker wasn’t with the reserve team in Redcar tonight so he’s either injured or completely frozen out.

Can see his contract being cancelled and allowed to find a new club, something he would have to agree to

40 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Matt crooks is a bizarre signing to me. Paying probably over 1 million for him it seems. Would he even be in the first 11? 

In the Gazette NW said he expects Crooks to score 10-15 goals for us. Therefore on that basis i fully expect him to be starter for us.

Him and Payero in a midfield 3 ahead of one of Howson/Morsy who will sit.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

In the Gazette NW said he expects Crooks to score 10-15 goals for us. Therefore on that basis i fully expect him to be starter for us.

Him and Payero in a midfield 3 ahead of one of Howson/Morsy who will sit.

Seems a bit too attacking for Warnock that midfield three I would think

23 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

Crooks can play in various positions and, at 6 foot 3, could probably play as  9 or 10. He will probably be our Championship Harry Kane!

I'm not happy with this at all.. he was 6ft4 yesterday.. clearly shrinking.. waste of money 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Seems a bit too attacking for Warnock that midfield three I would think

Crooks is a proper Warnock player as well, not because he's a carthorse as some may suggest but because he's adaptable, plays in 3 different positions and can run with the ball to get us up the pitch

I can see him playing him playing a few games, like our equivalent of Callum Paterson for that Cardiff promotion side

Really want Payero tied up ASAP even if it just to confirm he joining us after the olympics.

The more it drags on the more it has the hallmarks of a famous failed transfer.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""