oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, CWC said:

Would love to watch Payero’s cameo for Argentina, does anyone know of any websites that might have a replay of the game?

He barely touched the ball to be fair. Argentina were awful. He had a few free kicks and corners which weren’t great. He had a very good run and then he made a smart pass leading to a shot on target. He also made a good cross field pass. No idea where you would find highlights unfortunately 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, CWC said:

Would love to watch Payero’s cameo for Argentina, does anyone know of any websites that might have a replay of the game?

Will probably be highlights on YouTube later of the game as to be honest he was the only one to make highlights for Argentina. But on Sunday he should hopefully pay full game 

5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Maybe we will try get smith from Rotherham?

I wonder if we've moved on from Smith by buying Crooks. I wouldn't be shocked to see Crooks playing up front this season on occasion and maybe we think he's better value for the kind of money they're after.

I think Smith was an alternative to Ikpeazu rather than someone we'd look to sign too. I think (hope) that any other striker signings are a bit different. Easier said than done, but maybe more of a poacher. 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think Smith was an alternative to Ikpeazu rather than someone we'd look to sign too. I think (hope) that any other striker signings are a bit different. Easier said than done, but maybe more of a poacher. 

I think Warnock will want at least one like for like striker. If there are injuries or loss of form it’s just a change of player rather than a complete change. 

however an alternative would be nice as well.

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

"BEŞİKTAŞ is about to finish the forward transfer. Tired of Diego Costa's constant distraction, the management decided on Chuba Akpom from Middlesbrough. The black-and-whites reached an agreement in principle with the 25-year-old Nigerian forward they contacted. Aiming to shine its star in the Champions League, Akpom also wants to leave the Championship team and work in Kartal. The English team will take a striker and let his player leave." 

His goal against Tavistock convinced them off his quality.

It was up in the air after the previous two games.

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think Warnock will want at least one like for like striker. If there are injuries or loss of form it’s just a change of player rather than a complete change. 

however an alternative would be nice as well.

That's what I was thinking. If Ikpeazu gets injured, one of the last things Warnock will want is no suitable player to step in.

Having said that though, that's one of the reasons why I think Crooks might be that guy rather than Smith. Gives us an option elsewhere on the pitch too but can cover for Ikpeazu if he's out for any reason.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's what I was thinking. If Ikpeazu gets injured, one of the last things Warnock will want is no suitable player to step in.

Having said that though, that's one of the reasons why I think Crooks might be that guy rather than Smith. Gives us an option elsewhere on the pitch too but can cover for Ikpeazu if he's out for any reason.

Crooks will not have been bought as a striker. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he will be playing up front.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He might see Josh Coburn as a like for like replacement for Ikpeazu towards the end of a game 

3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Crooks will not have been bought as a striker. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he will be playing up front.

He quite regularly played as a striker for Rotherham actually, so it's a decent option.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""