oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Strength, mostly. I'd call Akinfenwa a big guy up top too but he's only just 6 foot IIRC. 

You're welcome to continue arguing if you want, but you're wrong 🙂

6ft1 says the internet.  Which is pretty tall.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Strength, mostly. I'd call Akinfenwa a big guy up top too but he's only just 6 foot IIRC. 

You're welcome to continue arguing if you want, but you're wrong 🙂

I see, so if you're tall but not really strong, like Crouch was or someone like Jon Stead for example, then you aren't a big man up top?  What would you call them?  Thin men up top?  How about Spindly men up top? 

Yeah Akinfenwa is a great example of someone who isn't tall.  Well done, you've checkmated me there with that one 🤦‍♂️

As strength is the most important factor in your opinion, then Akinfenwa would be the best Big man up top in the world right?  Cos he is widely regarded as the strongest player in football or certainly one of them, and that is the most important attribute?

It's funny, you mentioned holding the ball up and bringing others into play earlier, and someone like Aguero is excellent at that, but he's neither strong nor tall, and I suspect you wouldn't call him a big man up top, despite the fact that his abilities lend themselves to the things you believe are most important for that role.  I wonder why you wouldn't call him that though? 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I see, so if you're tall but not really strong, like Crouch was or someone like Jon Stead for example, then you aren't a big man up top?  What would you call them?  Thin men up top?  How about Spindly men up top? 

Yeah Akinfenwa is a great example of someone who isn't tall.  Well done, you've checkmated me there with that one 🤦‍♂️

As strength is the most important factor in your opinion, then Akinfenwa would be the best Big man up top in the world right?  Cos he is widely regarded as the strongest player in football or certainly one of them, and that is the most important attribute?

It's funny, you mentioned holding the ball up and bringing others into play earlier, and someone like Aguero is excellent at that, but he's neither strong nor tall, and I suspect you wouldn't call him a big man up top, despite the fact that his abilities lend themselves to the things you believe are most important for that role.  I wonder why you wouldn't call him that though? 🤷‍♂️

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah brilliant mate 👍

There's just no point having a discussion with you because you're not going to change your mind and I'll just go round in circles so what's the point really! Better things to do with my evening!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

There's just no point having a discussion with you because you're not going to change your mind and I'll just go round in circles so what's the point really! Better things to do with my evening!

I replied to Wilson earlier, and you took issue with what I'd said, effectively telling me I was completely wrong.  I don't remember you discussing anything.  So stop being argumentative, then crying about it when you don't really have a point to make at all, and end up looking a bit silly as a result.  Enjoy your action packed evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Brunners said:
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

You could have though as that is almost certainly the reason he was played as a forward for Rotherham.

While I often disagree with things you say, at least usually I can see where you're coming from. This one though; this one is just flat out bad.

This is Brunners having a discussion apparently.  No explanation of why what I said was wrong, just that it was flat out bad.  If only everyone could discuss things like this eh?

They aren’t half taking their time to announce Crooks. A few others were supposedly close earlier this week as well but still nothing as of yet. 

5 minutes ago, CWC said:

They aren’t half taking their time to announce Crooks. A few others were supposedly close earlier this week as well but still nothing as of yet. 

Don't forget Bolasie and Smith. They're "done deals" too. Must be on the same flight as the Croatians. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

Saw a few pages of posts. Got excited thinking there was some transfer news only to find two lads arguing over the definition of “big man up top”. Talk about getting a floppy on

Its the traditional oneboro experience. Log on to see pages and pages of egg-based puns 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""