oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

25 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'm surprised we aren't in for Keinan Davis as well (maybe we are). I really like what I've seen of the guy, although his finishing is absolutely dreadful. He always looks a threat and he could be perfect in Warnock's system.

We tried last summer. Don’t know if we’re no longer interested 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Smogzilla said:

Played 3 at the back against Tavistock apparently. A 4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1 in the earlier.

Cheers.  Just trying to get a feel for what we might play most often during the season and how players fit into that.

Seen Crooks getting compared to a lower league Fellaini last night and then saw this from when he won Championship Player of the Month: 4E0E17BF-C921-44C2-B3EA-50E8E051BBD6.jpeg.d02e701f3f33065732cce3e75b35c1ab.jpeg

Could we see him playing in the role that Callum Paterson played for Warnock at Cardiff?

and i've said it before, signings like Crooks and Ikpeazu will do wonders for our defenders.

They've been training against non physical strikers for years (last one was probably Hugill?), these guys will work them hard in training.

• Like 1

I was thinking a 4-3-3 with Crooks as one of the three in midfield.  When we have the ball, especially either at the back or in advanced positions out wide, then he pushes right up so it's almost a 4-2-4.  That gives us another big man to aim for, as we will obviously be playing direct a lot of the time.  If we were in a 3-4-3 or a 5-2-3, then it becomes harder to fit him in like that I think?  Cos he isn't going to be one of the three up front, and if he is one of only two in midfield then we'd have to be a bit more careful with how much he pushes on.  He has spent most of his career playing as a midfielder though, so presumably he could play as an orthodox midfielder in a two, and he just gives us another attacking threat when he's able to get forward.

So something like this perhaps if 4-3-3

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry Hall Bola

Morsy

Payero    Crooks

Watmore Ikpeazu Tavenier

It would also seem a bit weird to me if we end up playing 5-2-3 or 3-4-3 after concentrating on improving the middle of the park with the likes of Crooks, Payero and Ikpeazu.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I was thinking a 4-3-3 with Crooks as one of the three in midfield.  When we have the ball, especially either at the back or in advanced positions out wide, then he pushes right up so it's almost a 4-2-4.  That gives us another big man to aim for, as we will obviously be playing direct a lot of the time.  If we were in a 3-4-3 or a 5-2-3, then it becomes harder to fit him in like that I think?  Cos he isn't going to be one of the three up front, and if he is one of only two in midfield then we'd have to be a bit more careful with how much he pushes on.  He has spent most of his career playing as a midfielder though, so presumably he could play as an orthodox midfielder in a two, and he just gives us another attacking threat when he's able to get forward.

So something like this perhaps if 4-3-3

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry Hall Bola

Morsy

Payero    Crooks

Watmore Ikpeazu Tavenier

It would also seem a bit weird to me if we end up playing 5-2-3 or 3-4-3 after concentrating on improving the middle of the park with the likes of Crooks, Payero and Ikpeazu.

That’s a pretty strong side that and he wants another few signings on top of that. 

https://colunadofla.com/2021/07/fulham-entra-na-briga-por-rodrigo-muniz-com-proposta-que-pode-chegar-na-casa-dos-r60-milhoes/

Fulham have apparently offered to loan to buy Muniz for 9 million euros which beats our proposal and Marco Silva is apparently reaching out to Muniz selling him the idea that he could emulate Richarlison. Always seemed a complicated, expensive, long shot I wonder if we have any other South American irons in the fire...

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Anyone who has been following the friendlies more closely than me, can you tell me what formations we have played?  The same one or different ones?  I mean the starting formations more than in game changes.

So we played a 5-2-3 essentially vs Tavistock, because Warnock has apparently "always been a fan of that formation" (according to the Gazette anyway). It had Watmore playing really close off Ikpeazu, with Tav being allowed freedom to float either close to Ikpeazu or back into a 10. They seem to be suggesting that this is likely to be the primary formation this season, although the 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 should get plenty of games too.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So we played a 5-2-3 essentially vs Tavistock, because Warnock has apparently "always been a fan of that formation" (according to the Gazette anyway). It had Watmore playing really close off Ikpeazu, with Tav being allowed freedom to float either close to Ikpeazu or back into a 10. They seem to be suggesting that this is likely to be the primary formation this season, although the 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 should get plenty of games too.

i prefer to call it a 3-4-3

8 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://colunadofla.com/2021/07/fulham-entra-na-briga-por-rodrigo-muniz-com-proposta-que-pode-chegar-na-casa-dos-r60-milhoes/

Fulham have apparently offered to loan to buy Muniz for 9 million euros which beats our proposal and Marco Silva is apparently reaching out to Muniz selling him that he could emulate Richarlison. Always seemed a complicated, expensive, long shot I wonder if we have any other South American irons in the fire...

Lazaro! Was always the more likely one anyway IMO because of the complications behind Muniz.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Fulham have apparently offered to loan to buy Muniz for 9 million euros which beats our proposal and Marco Silva is apparently reaching out to Muniz selling him the idea that he could emulate Richarlison. Always seemed a complicated, expensive, long shot I wonder if we have any other South American irons in the fire...

I never believed that one anyway especially with the other offers he apparently had 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I really don't want to see us play a 523, purely because our full backs are not creative enough. Bola, fisher, Spence, coulson and dijksteel had 1 assist between the 5 of them last season. 

A 523 reduces us to knocking the ball in the channel for one of the three (looking like that will be uche, watmore and crooks) and hoping that one of the other two can get on the end of whatever they can put in the box. Because we know howson isn't going to be joining in and I payero doesnt seem the type either.

I also don't think we have enough centre backs to cover the 3 cb positions.  

The 433/narrow 4231 is probably the way to go given what the squad is looking to shape up to be. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""