oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

24 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Do people see Tav as a RW or a CM? I wouldn’t be against having him on the wing for this season tbh. Main reason is because our current wide options are pretty *** atm (could change). 

For me I see him best as an advanced midfielder - someone with the freedom to basically do what he wants. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I will expect a promotion push every year we are in this league and feel we can have a good go this year if we get some more signings. As alot of teams are struggling this year along with having alot of turmoil new mangers in charge etc. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I was thinking a 4-3-3 with Crooks as one of the three in midfield.  When we have the ball, especially either at the back or in advanced positions out wide, then he pushes right up so it's almost a 4-2-4.  That gives us another big man to aim for, as we will obviously be playing direct a lot of the time.  If we were in a 3-4-3 or a 5-2-3, then it becomes harder to fit him in like that I think?  Cos he isn't going to be one of the three up front, and if he is one of only two in midfield then we'd have to be a bit more careful with how much he pushes on.  He has spent most of his career playing as a midfielder though, so presumably he could play as an orthodox midfielder in a two, and he just gives us another attacking threat when he's able to get forward.

So something like this perhaps if 4-3-3

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry Hall Bola

Morsy

Payero    Crooks

Watmore Ikpeazu Tavenier

It would also seem a bit weird to me if we end up playing 5-2-3 or 3-4-3 after concentrating on improving the middle of the park with the likes of Crooks, Payero and Ikpeazu.

Casually leaving out our two best players in Howson and McNair for Crooks… easy how we can get so excited about new signings and forget what you have! Howson won’t be about forever but still can’t believe you’ve left McNair out. I don’t think we need any new starters we were just crying out for big forward who bring others into play and depth for when Tav Dijksteel Fry inadvertently get injured through the season. I’m happy at RB with dijksteel spence and Howson all very capable still think Peltier Bola coulson leaves us strong enough at LB unless you want someone to come in and really push Bola. I still think we look better in a 3 with dijksteel and bola at wing back and McNair stepping out with ball just needed someone to hold ball up to allow us out. Don’t think we were far off last season injuries killed us.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

Casually leaving out our two best players in Howson and McNair for Crooks… easy how we can get so excited about new signings and forget what you have! Howson won’t be about forever but still can’t believe you’ve left McNair out. I don’t think we need any new starters we were just crying out for big forward who bring others into play and depth for when Tav Dijksteel Fry inadvertently get injured through the season. I’m happy at RB with dijksteel spence and Howson all very capable still think Peltier Bola coulson leaves us strong enough at LB unless you want someone to come in and really push Bola. I still think we look better in a 3 with dijksteel and bola at wing back and McNair stepping out with ball just needed someone to hold ball up to allow us out. Don’t think we were far off last season injuries killed us.

I agree with you on McNair but Howson was painful to watch at times last season. Seems like his legs are going or have gone, he just got caught out so many times for goals and couldn't make the yards up afterwards. Still a decent squad player but to rely on him for 46 games would be a mistake in my opinion.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

I agree with you on McNair but Howson was painful to watch at times last season. Seems like his legs are going or have gone, he just got caught out so many times for goals and couldn't make the yards up afterwards. Still a decent squad player but to rely on him for 46 games would be a mistake in my opinion.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Yeah cheers been looking for ages regarding rumours but had to jump in when you left paddy out. I don’t think the 10 outfielders needed improving from last season bar striker when everyone was fit it’s just in champ if you’re tav or fry get a knock and you’ve got no one to replace them in 11 you’re forced to play them leading to longer injuries he will want to avoid that this season. I expect he wants another big man and another striker more in Akpom as build. One domestic and one from Europe. Could see Maja coming still.

Don’t get the hype around Howson, hes turned into one of those ‘jack of all trades’ midfielders who does a lot of everything but nothing really special.

Yeah he shows his class now and then but mostly he’s one of them Players that football hipsters tell us ‘it’s the stuff you don’t see’ that’s good.

• Like 2

At the minute our squads weaker than last season but assuming we bring in some quality up front and in attacking midfield/out wide, I can't see us finishing below 8th 

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No surprise or great loss, bar the £1m spunked, but Stojanovic has asked to leave.

Which explains him not going to Cornwall.

Shame that as I reckon he could be a decent keeper at Championship level

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I see Kieran Westwood still available. Would be a good back up to Lumley and some solid competition for him as well.

Can't see him being happy as a backup, I've always been a fan of his although he did make some bloody awful mistakes last season. Still better than Bettinelli, mind.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""